chapter 10 ~ she's fine

A/N!!! ~ Abusive language, violence, mentions of death.
—————————————————————————

I began to stir in the night. I couldn't wake up, but I knew I was dreaming. Fuck. I was hoping my nightmares would be over.

.

"Stop babying her, Dammit! This isn't your business anyways Henry. Stay out of it!"

"It is my business. Who else is going to actually take care of her?"

"I'm perfectly capable of taking care of her, as for you? That's funny. Last time I checked you're still friends with a murderer!"

"I'm not speaking with him, I'm not business partners with him, and I'm certainly not friends with him. Let's get that straight now."

My mother was getting in Henry's face now. "You don't get to tell me lies! You're just as much of a monster as William." She slapped Henry in the face.

I saw the chance and I took it, bolting out of the front door amongst all the yelling and confusion.

"So I figure that's where Y/N receives all of her injuries from? I'll be on my way now. Don't try and contact me again, Melissa."

"You don't get to run away after making such a disgusting claim. I'd never hit my own chi-"

"Is that right? Where did she get that black eye from during that week she went missing? It wasn't William, he was still mourning the loss of Elizabeth, nor had he seen Y/N that week either." Henry slammed the door shut.

.

"Baby, wake up! Y/N. Y/N wake up!" Michael was shaking me, doing everything he could to wake me up from my nightmare. As I started to regain composure from that nightmare, I felt Michael pull me in to his arms. Holding me, stroking my hair, and whispering sweet nothings to try and calm me down.

"I'm here Y/N. I'm right here. Nothing bad is happening. You're in my arms, and as long as you're in my arms, it'll be impossible for anything or anyone to bring you any harm." He gave me a kiss on my forehead. "Need to talk about it?"

"It was just something about my mom. I guess our conversation about her triggered it."

"I'm so sorry baby. I shouldn't have ask you about it before we went to bed."

"It's not your fault. Don't worry. It was my own fault for overthinking again."

"It's not your fault either, Y/N. It's your mom's." He was honestly right. Had she actually been a mother to me, I wouldn't have her on my extensive list of people and things to have nightmares about.

I finally drifted off back to sleep for the night.

"Babyyyyyyy." I hear a sweet voice calling out to me. "I've got waffles ready, let's eat!" What a dork...

I got into the kitchen, and Michael had everything put out. Syrup, whipped cream, strawberries, literally everything for the most delicious breakfast I'd probably had in a while. I was so excited. Food is one of the ways to the deepest parts of my heart, and that's where Michael was clearly trying to get.

We made our waffles and went and sat back on the couch. Michael put his finger in the whipped cream and booped my nose.

"Adorable." He looked at me longingly, before giggling a bit.

"Two can play that game!" I returned the favor, and there we were. Sitting in front of the T.V laughing like two idiots over such a stupid thing, except to us it wasn't stupid. It was love.