chapter 9 ~ to be all smiles

A/N!!!! TW // Mentions of abuse.
—————————————————————————

Michael planned on coming to stay at my place that night, but first we were going to get dinner. We were starving, and I knew just the place. An 80s themed diner.

What place better for two 80s lovers to go for a date, right?

We entered the building, and were immediately greeted by a lady with crazy blonde hair. I could tell she was just like us. She grinned upon seeing us, and took us to a booth near the back.

"Anything I can get you two love birds? We gotta special today just for lovers. One free milkshake, two straws, any flavor ya like. Cheesy isn't it?" All 3 of us giggled.

"Gotta love it!" I exclaimed.

"Ya got that right. Just let me know when ya want one. Now, what can I get started for the two of you today?"

We both ordered a coke, fries and a greasy ass burger. Too Shy by Kajagoogoo was playing.

"Oh my God this is my fuckin song!" Michael started to bop his head along to the song.

"No way?? Mine too." My face lit up. What a coincidence. I guess guys who love Too Shy are part of "my type" too, even if I don't know it.

However, I noticed Michael acted odd after I said that. I couldn't exactly tell what was off, but his face gave away that something was wrong. He must've noticed, because he started singing along right after that. Strange...

We sat and sang for a long time, enjoying the songs, and enjoying each others company. Another blissful moment, before I had to break the news to him. I'd be going back to Freddy's. As I was getting ready to tell him, our waitress came back to our table with the check. Talk about timing.

"What flavor ya fancy lovers?"

"Strawberry." We both said at once. The waitress started to giggle. "I'll have that right out for the both of you." She said.

I decided to wait until we got home. I'd hate to have him have to react to this in a public place, I wanted us to enjoy the rest of our date in peace anyways.

We got our milkshake. God was it delicious, just like one from back home. I couldn't tell if Michael thought the milkshake was more delicious or if I was. The way he kept staring at me was making my heart go crazy. He knew what he was doing.

I stared back at him, seeing his face turn pink. Two can play that game Michael.

"I love you, Y/N." I felt my face heat up. He, loved me?

"I love you too, Michael." Now his face was red as a tomato. He started to lean in closer, and moved our milkshake out of the way. I leaned in too, staring into his beautiful blue eyes. This moment had my heart beating out of my chest, it was so special.

Our lips connected, and it felt like electricity going through my body. I hadn't felt this feeling in so long. We had kissed before, but it just didn't ever feel as special as this moment. His lips were so soft, and tasted of strawberries. He loved strawberries.

Another thing I had for guys I guess? Michael Afton loved strawberries too. "What if he's Michael Afton?" I joked with myself. That would be insane, wouldn't it? Though, if it was him he wouldn't lie to me about who he was. That just wasn't his thing.

We got up to go and pay for our meal, and in typical Michael style, an argument began over who was paying.

"Don't worry, I've got it this time." He insisted.

"You told me you'd let me pay for it this time."

"I will next time, I promise Y/N! That kiss was payment enough for me."