chapter 39 ~ safeword

A/N ~ TW// Violence, very upsetting themes.
—————————————————————————

"Don't you two miss me?" The voice of a little girl boomed from the robot behind us. "Come play with me Mikey! Miss Y/N! Pleaseeee." The child whined, if you even considered the robot a child. Michael was already crying. I kept trying to signal at him to move but I understood why he couldn't. This was Elizabeth's voice. I tried to get Michael to move, but he wouldn't. "I can save her..." He kept saying under his breath.

He turned to look at the animatronic that resembled his little sister so much. She walked closer with her arms out as to give him a hug. He was crying and opened his arms in return. "I missed you Mikey!" The robot version of Elizabeth spoke. "I missed you too Lizzie. I'm here to get you out of here." He said through his tears.

The Circus Baby animatronic got closer and closer to Michael. He had his eyes closed and didn't noticed her eyes turning black, a hatch beginning to open. I took notice of this, and I grabbed him by the wrist and took off running. He tried pulling away but I wouldn't release my grip. I didn't trust it. That wasn't Elizabeth, that was clearly a death trap set up by my mother to kill Michael.

"Oh let's play chase! Good idea miss Y/N!" Elizabeth...rather Circus Baby began chasing after us. "Ven Para!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. My throat stung afterwards. Michael and I continued running through this maze trying to find a spot to hide.

Dashing through room to room. The prize room, the dining room, the kitchen which all felt like went around in a big loop. How the hell did Dave plan on finding us? A better question is how were we going to find a good hiding spot to hold out.

I started feeling dizzy, but that's when I saw it. The perfect spot. I pulled Michael down to hide inside this opening in the ventilation system. "Hide and Seek now? Oh how fun!" The animatronic squealed in excitement. The metal clanging of her footsteps grew closer and closer. I was trying to calm my breathing to ensure she didn't hear me. I shushed Michael's crying the best I could by letting him press his face into my chest.

"This isn't fun anymore! Where are you two?" Her voice seemed more aggressive this time. Almost blood thirsty. Michael was gripping onto me tightly. He was now perfectly aware this wasn't his sister. Not anymore. That of course didn't help at all. He was hoping to somehow save her, but now his life was in danger indirectly because of her.

The footsteps stopped. The eerie silence was extremely deafening. My grip on Michael tightened, as did his on me. Was this it? We refused to allow a peep to escape out from either of us. Michael whispered the quietest "I love you" in my ear. I pecked his lips softly as we held onto each other for what could be our final moments.

The ventilation began to open slowly. Michael and I looking in each others eyes with a burning look in them. We might go down, but it sure as hell wouldn't be without a fight. I readied my foot to kick straight into the animatronic. "Found y-" WHAM. My foot made contact with her face. The sound if metal hitting the ground echoed as we took off running.

"We need you Michael. To escape." The animatronic was now seemingly throwing a tantrum as it ran after us faster than before. We cut as many corners as we could. Barely outrunning the animatronic that used to he Elizabeth.

What used to be of Elizabeth. The fun loving, sweet, adventurous, silly, kind-hearted little girl. This was all she was now. All because of my mother. How did she do this? What kind of twisted thing did she do to get this robot to sound and act exactly like Elizabeth? Did I really want to know? I didn't think so.

Circus Baby had backed us into a corner. Shit. "You want to know my secret?" She said menacingly. Her stomach hatch opened up to reveal a piercing metal claw. That's what was hiding in there. Thank God I didn't allow Michael to find out back there. She approached us while glitchy laughs emitted from her voice box. Now I knew this was it. At least we'd be going down together, right? Wrong.

A ring of gunshots came down the hall. Not a single one missing it's target. Circus Baby fell to the ground, sparking, leaking oil and...blood? What the fuck were in these things? 

It was Dave! "Didn't know I was a sharp shooter huh?" He joked as he led us out of the room. "Let's get the hell outta here before an alarm gets tripped." The three of us dashed out of the death trap disguised as a children's restaurant.

Everyone else was outside looking like they'd been stressing over our return. "We heard you scream and Dave came running for you. Marvin did an amazing job leading the rest of us outside." Jennie flashed Marvin a thumbs up, as he awkwardly scratched the back of his neck with a smile on his face.

I still couldn't believe it. These animatronics were programmed to kill us. I was really starting to reach my breaking point, and with no sign of Jeremy and Masaki in nearly 2 weeks I assumed they'd done exactly what Michael and I wanted to do.

I went home distraught. Everyone could tell. It was written all over my face. I turned and looked at Michael who just looked emotionally drained. It had to be taking a huge toll on him to somewhat find his sister, only to find out she'd end up trying to murder him.

We went home that night and it turned to be another clingy one. The two of us not wanting to let the other out of our sight in fear something crazy might happen. This paranoia was extremely unhealthy for both of us. It really started weighing on us lately. I was finally at my breaking point. Today was enough.

"Michael. I thinks it's about time we get out of this place." I buried my face in his chest. "I agree, but where do we go?" He was on board, perfect. He ran hands through my hair as we discussed all night long where we wanted to go. That's when we finally chose a place. We'd call Jeremy and Masaki, and move with them. Jennie would be going with us if she liked it or not. The five of us would start over in a new place.

The past would truly be behind us this time.

—————————————————————————

A/N ~ Emotional chapter oops angstfendii strikes again! On the plus side we'll be seeking our favorite gay men again soon enough yayyy! How will this move effect the story? You'll just have to wait and see hehe.

I hope you're all enjoying!