chapter 7 ~ new feeling

The door opens. I let out a heavy sigh of relief. Thank God.

It was Michael.

He looked a mess, I won't lie. You could tell he'd been crying, and he hadn't slept in days. When he opened the door, I saw his eyes widen. Did he already forget I was telling him that I was coming to see him?

Michael felt his eyes start to sting. "You can't cry right now. Get a hold on yourself dammit." Michael was practically pleading with himself not to just bring Y/N into a big hug, and just cry into her shoulder until he couldn't cry anymore.

He wasn't sure how to feel. Sad, because he knew where she'd just gone, or happy, relieved because she made it out, and now he got to see her. He'd been avoiding her on purpose, worried to get her involved, but it looks like she was involved before he even got the chance to keep her out of it.

"Michael, we need to talk. It's about Fazbear's." Michael's hands began to sweat. What had happened there that he didn't know about? What did she uncover?

"Y/N? You there?" Michael asked, trying to get my attention. I had zoned out just staring at his face. His eyes, I was lost in them. I couldn't stop staring at how...nice he looked despite looking a mess at the same time. This was such a strange feeling. It didn't feel like I was falling for him, it felt like I already had, and I was just now realizing it.

Is it the familiarity?

"Thank God you're okay!" I yelled. My body acted before my mind and I pulled him into a hug. Michael wrapped his arms around me, and held me tightly. I wept in his arms, repeating the words "Thank God you're okay," through my tears.

Michael started to cry too. "I'm glad you're okay too, Y/N. When you told me you were going to that dammed place, into Fazbear's my heart nearly stopped. I was terrified of losing you. Please, don't go back there. I'm fucking begging you." My heart shattered into a million pieces. I had to. I had to tell him that I had to go back.

The words just wouldn't leave my mouth. I needed to let him know, that I can't not go back. It fucking hurt like hell. I didn't want to break his heart too. I'd find a way to deal with this. I hoped.

Hope.

It was a foolish thing to hold out for everything.

"Please, come in and stay for a while Y/N. I need to see you. I missed you." Michael sniffled out. He was still crying. Not as hard as he was before, but this clearly had taken his emotions by storm.

As I entered his home, the smell hit me like an 18-wheeler, but in a really confusing way this time. It was a nice smell, but it was making me feel odd. There was something recognizable about it. I remembered this scent, but from where?

I brushed this feeling off, and sat down on his couch with him.

"I want to talk to you...about that restaurant. Being there at night, as you know, was so fucking horrifying. I couldn't live with myself if I didn't try to stop you from going back, Y/N."

"I know that Michael. I know that clearly now. That man that's there. William Afton. I have a history with him that I need you to know about."

Michael froze. He felt like he couldn't move, or say a word. He sat stunned. Afton. The name repeating itself over and over in his head.

"Michael? Are you okay? Do you have a history with William Afton too?"

"H-he's the one. The one who gave me the job, so yes?"

"Answer me this question Michael, and I need you to be honest. Did you say anything at work about me? Anything at all? Even bad. I need you to tell me exactly what it was."