chapter 42 ~ escape

A/N ~ This chapter will follow the lyrics of the song above, Escape by (G)I-DLE!
—————————————————————————

Look into the sky. What do you see? Far distant stars are like your eyes. They're so pretty. Shining under the moonlight, uncovering the darkness. You look so beautiful so please smile right now. Don't cry, I don't want you to be sad.

Michael and I had gone to our special spot up above the town one last time. The stars and the moon were shining brightly tonight. Michael and I sat next to each other staring into each others eyes. The cool breeze was slightly chilly. Michael took notice and pulled me in closer to him to keep me warm. I couldn't help but smile at the act of affection. He really was the sweetest. I started thinking of Henry again thought, feeling tears form again. Michael being Michael who noticed everything gave me a squeeze to comfort me.

Shaded time, every lonely night. Don't endure it alone, just take my hand. I like the sound of your laughter better than crying. Baby, I'll take you there.

He took my hand and held it in his tightly. We really were making up for all of that lost time. Life worked in so many mysterious ways and I was overjoyed with the way it turned out for our love. He kissed my forehead and let out a small giggle. The way we loved each other as teenagers really didn't compare to how we loved each other now. It was better. So much better. So much deeper. So much more unbreakable.

I'll take you anywhere. I'm coming with you, you. You, you, you. I'm running without any thoughts. I'll run with you, run with you, with you, you, you. I'll be right by your side. Even if I fall again, it's okay. You can put it down for a bit.

In retrospect I was ready to get my ass out of here. Who knows, something terrible could happen between now and us leaving for good. It would be ideal to depart as quickly as we possibly could tomorrow morning. The only thing I truly needed was Michael, and I had him right here in this moment, and I knew I'd have him in the future. It didn't matter where we lived because I was always at home with him.

It's supposed to be a hard dеal for everyone, as if I'm being fussy. I looked at you and thought if I could just endure it...Throw it away, it's too much for me. Do you want to be happy at this moment? Even if you are late, will you stop for a bit and rest? I have to take responsibility for the reality and future life. I don't know, in times like this I escape to you.

I really did want to stay in the this town I was so familiar with though. All the people I actually enjoyed being around that I would now be leaving behind to deal with this mess did concern and hurt me. I just knew in my gut thought that this was the right thing to do. I deserved a chance to finally live and here I was about to receive it. It was truly an exhilarating emotion.

When everything feels like a mess always remember today, alright? I'll always be by your side.

It was now getting extremely late, and we had to be up early. We got in Michael's car and began our final trip back to our house. This was our last night in the place. Part of it made me emotional. I found the love of my life here again in this house. Now though, it was time for two of us to be sheltered by new walls. Free of the fear of losing each other once and for all. We were starting a brand new chapter that I was feeling very hopeful for. One that would be full of nearly nothing but enjoyable experiences.

I'll take you anywhere. I'm coming with you, you. You, you, you. I'm running without any thoughts. I'll run with you, run with you, with you, you, you. I'll be right by your side. Even if I fall again, it's okay. You can put it down for a bit.

The night went by in a flash. Now we'd finally be moving away from our personal hell. Starting a brand new life with our record store friends? Sounded like a dream come true, and it was. It was damn near perfect. The only thing that would've made it perfect would be being able to take everyone else with us. Now that would be the perfect dream to come true. I absolutely adored the idea. Maybe some day things will work out for each and every one of us. I dreamed big, but after everything that had happened...maybe I should keep dreaming. It sure as hell seemed to bring things into reality.

—————————————————————————

A/N ~ Short chapter I knowwww but I wanted to try to make the reading time the same length as the song the best that I could!! I am enjoying writing fluff though after all of that angst. It feels good! :)

I hope you're all enjoying.