chapter 32 ~ stormy weather

A/N ~ TW!!! // Heavy violence.
—————————————————————————

We arrived at the hospital to see a hysteric Jeremy. Michael tried calming him down the best he could, but even then it still wasn't enough for him to be fully calm which given the circumstances was understandable. Thankfully it was enough for him to be able to explain what was going on. I don't think anything could've mentally prepared me for the words that would be exiting Jeremy's mouth.

"Your mom blew up the record shop. I was in the back throwing out the trash and Masaki was still inside when it happened." Then he lost his composure again, and I followed suit. I mean like what the fuck? How did she get an explosive of all things? Why was she doing any of this? Nothing made sense. "What did the doctors say?" Michael asked.

Jeremy's eyes welled up with tears. "They say there's a good chance he'll be fine, but they can't say for sure yet." Now he was crying, which made me cry. Once one hell ended, another began. New people were being targeted, new people were in danger, all because of one mistake and blind anger.

I eventually built up the courage to enter the room. His usually cheery face was all bloodied up. His body just looked like it was in pain. He was on a breathing machine, and the mix of beeps and the cold ambiance of the hospital made me feel nauseous. I hated the noises, the feeling, but you had to be there for the unfortunate person in the bed and those hurting with you.

It started to become a routine to go and visit Masaki, salvage what we could from the store, make plans to rebuild and repeat. Sakura and William had stopped by a couple times, but they were acting very strange as if they had a big secret to tell us. That's when they eventually dropped on us that they would be opening a new Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. So much for moving on, right?

There was too much going on at once it felt like. Life was starting to get extremely hectic again, and the only thing settling down was Masaki's condition who was slowly getting better. He'd been in the hospital for about two weeks now and was getting better, just really slowly. Comforting Jeremy and Jennie was a whole other thing. The last time I'd seen Jennie down like this was when I was in the hospital. She wasn't typically one to let life get her down, but things like this broke through defenses made of the strongest steel.

This fateful night Jennie, Michael, Sakura, William and myself were all walking to the parking lot of the hospital when the five of us all noticed two people in black hoodies and sunglasses following us. I nudged Sakura's shoulder hinting at her to ready her knife. She understood and slowly slipped it out of her pocket.

I noticed this one wasn't her typical smiley face with the X'd out eyes, with a pink heart on the other side. This one had nothing on the back, with a heart that was designed to look like it had been stitched together. One side was pink, and the other side was purple with a slight red trip coming from the top. It had black angel wings on it as well. Interesting design choice.

I was still trying to process the fact that Sakura had killed 5 people, but I was starting to fully understand that she knew how to protect us along with William. It was certainly different from her outward appearance, but it was a good way to catch someone off-guard.

The two figures were getting closer and closer, and that's when one made a move on Jennie. The hoods fell off to reveal Vanessa and Jason. Jason threw Jennie to the ground as Vanessa leaped on top of her. "Here's some payback bitch." She socked Jennie right in the nose. Broken. "Your turn Y/N-" Jennie cut her off with her fist, making contact right with her mouth. I noticed something on the ground afterwards, and realization hit me that Jennie had just unsettled the score by knocking out a tooth. I mean I was a fan of us still having one over her, but still this was not a good time to do all of that. We needed to get them away to bring Jennie into the hospital.

Sakura ran over to deal with that, William providing her with backup. Jason took note of this and bolted over to Michael instead. I saw him reach for his pocket quickly. He pulled out a gun and had it pointed straight at Michael's head. Now my feet were acting before my body.

BOOM!

I used my short stature to sneak under Jason. I punched Jason's arm causing it to point up higher than Michael as the shot fired, causing him to miss. I tackled him making him lose his grip of the gun and tossed it away from him. He threw me off of him and got up to run to the gun. Michael's turn. He punched Jason right on the side of his face, causing him to wobble. "Fight like a real man ya pussy." Michael challenged. It was a terrible time but I couldn't help but blush when he got like this, it was hot to see him worked up. It was even more hot to know he never lost a fight in his life. Back in high school everyone was too scared to even piss him off after hearing the buzz about how good of a fighter he was. Jason didn't  know what was about to hit him. Literally.

He took a few swings at Michael who dodged all of them. Michael returned the punches and landed each one, causing Jason to take off...running? "Let's get out of her Vanessa!" He yelled. She got up and ran off, but not without leaving us with some parting words. "I will kill each and every one of you someday." She ran off. We all went inside with Jennie to the emergency room.

We made up a lie that she face planted into concrete outside. It was embarrassing sure, but it was all we really had to keep from telling the full truth. We couldn't be sure if Sakura would be hunted down for what she did at that Casino or not, and we didn't feel like finding out the hard way. They took her back for X-Rays and sure enough it was broken. Not too terribly, but enough.

It was 2 A.M before we finally got to go home for the night. I was honestly getting exhausted of dealing with all of this. Part of me just wanted to pack up all of our things with Michael and move away from here. I finally had him back and we were more in love than we've ever been, but this constant danger we faced of losing each other...

Was trying to uncover a secret that had been kept for so many years really worth losing your soulmate over? That was a decision I was struggling to make internally. Part of me felt guilty for being so damn selfish, but when was it my turn to be selfish? When did I get the chance to settle down and relax with no concerns like nearly everyone else did?

—————————————————————————

A/N ~ Michael being really good at fighting but running away from Jennie is so funny but respectful of him and it's cute. Aren't Vanessa and Jason so cute together? Best couple ever will be getting an entire 10 book series about them!! /j

It seems like Y/N, Michael and everyone else just keep getting targeted but why? Any theories?

I hope you're all enjoying! :)