chapter 5 ~ why don't you

A/N!!! ~ TW : Major violence, abuse of power, abusive speech, very mild gore.
———————————————————————————————————————

I did my best to get through the rest of the day. Constantly checking the clock, hopeful time would fly and I could finally go home. I was emotionally and mentally exhausted. I needed to learn to check my emotions out at the door and leave them at home, but I couldn't. I really needed to sit and think about what Jennie told me.

"Why don't you find another way?" She was right. I needed to find another way to get closure for myself so I could finally move on. Could I do it? I wasn't sure I could, but I knew I needed to try. Not just for myself, but for everyone else around me. It was killing them to see me this way.

The words, "why don't you" began to echo in my head. Not again. For fucks sake please not again. It was happening again. I couldn't shake it. I ran to the back when nobody was looking and began to sob uncontrollably. The horror of that day would never leave my mind.

Horror.

.
"Why are you doing this? I thought you liked me? I thought you said I was one of the most respectable people you ever met, so why are you doing this to me?"

"I know what you know, Y/N. That's exactly why. You did this to yourself, sweetheart. So, why don't you go ahead and make this easier for the both of us? Have some sense of control in this."

"No, fuck you. I hate you. You won't win, I won't let you."

"That's where you're wrong my dear, you don't have a choice."

"Yes, I do. I'm not a puppet. Don't try and make me be yours, it will never happen."

"It will happen and you'll like it, now hold still you pathetic little bitch."

When he wasn't looking, I spotted the knife in his pocket he had hidden, and I slowly grabbed it. He never noticed a thing, thank God. He began reaching for the knife.

"Looking for this, motherfucker?"

"Why you little-" I stabbed him in the leg and took off running. Running out of that colorful hell. I'd never come back unless I had to. I hoped he bled out to death in that room.
.

Hope.

Jennie found me, and began hugging me tightly. She did everything she could to relieve my mind, and helped me get home safely. I really don't deserve a friend as good as her. Then again, Michael did the same. I don't deserve him either, truly.

"What happened Y/N? Did I say something to trigger it?" Jennie was worried she'd messed up this time.

"No, I did it to myself again. Little dumb phrases get overthought and it sends me back...there."

"Here, let me go get you some water, okay? Sit down and relax."

I felt like I was going to cry again. Happy tears this time. It's not everyday I feel this cared about. It's not everyday I really felt and appreciated how strong of a bond I had with Jennie. She'd really never given up on me. Even my own mother did, but Jennie never did.

My mother was a bitch. I missed my father. He would've never given up on me. I was lucky to have met Henry. Henry was a better parent to me than my mother ever was. I wondered what he was up to. Before I moved, he gave me his phone number, but he's a busy man. I probably shouldn't bother him, I really did want to know how he was doing.

Fuck it. I dialed his number in. It would probably help my whirlwind of a mind to hear how he's doing, and catch up with him. Like I said, after my dad passed, Henry really stepped in as a father figure for me. "It's like he's my extra dad!" I thought to myself and giggled.