chapter 31 ~ the fox

I was sound asleep in Michael's arms until I was woken up to my phone ringing. It was 8:00 A.M, could we just manage to sleep until the afternoon for once without being interrupted? I answered the phone to be greeted by a friendly voice. "Sorry if I woke you up kiddo, but I've got a favor to ask." It was Henry, the only person who could get away with waking me up with a question. "Sure, what's up?" I asked with a yawn, still trying to wake up. "Do you think you and Mike could go out for lunch with Miya and I today?" He asked timidly.

I couldn't really say I was shocked he was asking me to do this, but part of me just felt disappointed. Why couldn't he just be confident in going? He wasn't the one who messed up, she did. Oh well. He's always been here for me, so it was my turn to return the favor. "I'll have to wake Mikey up first, he's still clinging onto me." I giggled softly. "When did you want to go anyway?" I mean, needed to know that, right? Maybe I could get some more sleep before. "How about at 2?" Part of me celebrated internally, more sleep! "That works for me, and I'm sure it'll work for sleepyhead too. See you then Henry." I said.

"See ya kiddo." He hung up. I sat my phone back down and rested my head, making my way back into Michael's warm embrace before falling back asleep. What felt like 5 minutes later, I was being gently shaken awake by Michael. My alarm was on his last nerve, but at least he was nice about it. I forgot to mention to him that we'd be going out to eat dinner with Henry. Guess now was a better time than never! "We're going out for dinner by the way dork." I teased. "With Henry." His face lit up a bit. "You're getting your fathers blessing on our relationship?" Now he was teasing me. I rolled my eyes. "Sure thing dork. Let's get ready."

Sweet, he wasn't upset. I made my way to the bathroom to start putting on some make-up. I knew I wouldn't need to be too fancy, but I at least wanted to put in some effort. I put on some winged liner, a bit of blush and lipstick. It only took me about 20 minutes, as I was pretty skilled in doing this routine. Hands snaked around my waist, dork..."You look flawless as usual." He kissed my cheek. All he had to do was fix his hair to be presentable, lucky.

We made our way out of the door quickly, realizing we were probably going to be late. We're so responsible! We get in the car and make our way to the restaurant. We were 5 minutes late, so I'd be hopeful neither of them would be too upset with us. We walked in and gave a call to Henry, nervousness written all over his voice letting us know where he was.

We walked to the back to see a very sweaty man next to a calm and collected woman with now platinum blonde hair. If there was one thing about Miya, she loved changing hair colors. We sat down and were greeted by a sweet smile, and an awkward laugh from Henry. Of course he worked himself up over this. After we ordered our drinks, an awkward silence was ordered shortly after. Nobody was saying anything and I'd be damned if I were the one to break it.

Finally Henry spoke up after clearing his throat. "So, how does it feel to be back with everyone?" He asked Miya. "I missed everyone a lot..." she trailed off, "and it does feel weird to just return unannounced." She had a frown, the fact she felt terrible about how she got away was written on her face. I elbowed Henry signaling him to comfort her. He look at my shocked, but swiftly scooted his way closer to her patting her back. "I forgive you." There was the sweet Henry we all knew. All he needed to do now was allow himself to loosen up like this and things should go golden.

She stared at him. She just sat and looked at Henry for the longest before throwing her arms around his neck and burying her face into his chest, crying. The fact she completely just dropped her guard like that proved to us how sorry she was. I knew now I would for sure forgive her, but I still worried about Henry. Not because I didn't think he'd forgive her, but because I think he'd be too forgiving. As in trying to go right back to the way things were, he had a stupid high school crush on her that never seemed to go away. It was whatever. I knew neither of them would make a move, so I'd just be watching this back and forth forever.

Michael and I gave the two some time, while shooing off the waiter for the time being. They continued their conversation shortly after, and I was starting to think they forgot Michael and I were here eating with them. The waiter coughed at the pair pleading with them to order. The two looked embarrassed.

As soon as our orders were taken, right back into deep conversation they went. I decided to flirt back and forth with Michael and a way to mock them, but they didn't seem to notice. Our food arrived and now they were engaging with us.

"So, when do you two finally plan on putting a ring on it? Hasn't it been years together?" Miya asked while taking a bite of the lasagna she ordered. Henry gave us an awkward looking helping us to remember that Miya didn't know we got separated.

"About that..." Michael giggled awkwardly. "We only recently got back together. My dad moved us apart and we only recently found each other a few months ago." Miya let out an audible gasp. "That breaks my heart after seeing how in love you two were. I guess looking at the bright-side that you have each other now is more ideal." She chuckled and the two of us nodded.

As everyone was finishing their meals, the awkwardness of those two talk talk talk talking returned and I saw a smirk form on Michael's face. "Let's get out of here yeah?" He whispered mischievously. Part of me felt guilty for making Henry pay if I left, but it was his own fault for not paying attention.

We got up quickly and quietly, the pair still not noticing as we booked it out of the restaurant. As soon as we got in the car we burst into laughter. It felt good to do the little troublemakerish things we used to do back in the day. He started the car and we made our way home. Satisfied with our day together.

As we were getting ready for another movie night, my phone dinged. "Very funny!" The text from Henry read. Michael and I laughed and turned our attention back to the movie. That's when I got another text, presumably from Henry again.

I read the text that was from Jeremy. "Masaki is in the hospital. Come quick, room 303. I'll explain once you get here." I alerted Michael as he made a mad dash for the car keys and sped out of the door.

What the fuck was happening now?

—————————————————————————
A/N ~ Henry being a simp moment! This chapter was really dorky and I love it hehe. Sorry about the ending though but I need to force feed you all angst /j

I hope you're all enjoying!