coldblood {ii}

How could you?

Why would you?

Why?

You?

I was there, but you weren't.

You were.

To be safe? No.

Liar.

I hope you shed tears of contrition. This, I feel like you've changed but I haven't. This was never your disposition. I remember the day you told me, take care of yourself, and yet I don't. Why
don't you? Something you always wondered, but my answer, my excuses, they were all the same. Even with that new feeling, they were still the same. I hated myself. I deserve not being okay. That's what mom always told me. If only I could be a silly little kid again, oh how much I'd give to be all smiles without a care in the world.

"She's fine!" My mother always told people while my eyes told another story. The tears. The pain. The blood. All of it was fine though, it had to be. All of these..these burdens. It's true that love is destructive, but the main person it destroys is the lover. The person who loves too much. I was no different than him, I just had better ways of coping. When he cried, I saw myself. That's why I forgave him, but how do I forgive you? If only you knew how much I love you. Nothing ever changed, but it might now.

I miss the old feeling we had, but I'm afraid that's a broken bond now. The most that might happen is being friends, I think, I don't know. It'll depend on how much regret you feel. I can see the look of anguish on your face, but is it real? I'd hope so. I was yours, your iris. You were mine, my blue. Now you're a liar.

You lied.

It hurt. You never hurt me like this before.

All I wanted was to hear your voice again. I heard it, but I didn't know it was yours.

All I wanted was to see your face again. I saw it, but I didn't know it was yours.

All I wanted was to be in your arms again. I was in your arms, but I didn't know they were yours.

All I wanted was to feel your lips against mine again. It was your lips I kissed, but I didn't know it was you.

You had me right in front of you. I had you right in front of me, but only one of us knew the truth. While one cried, the other lied. The horrors both loved each other through, did that mean nothing?

I love you, but do you love me?

—————————————————————————

A/N ~ Our second interlude chapter! I love writing these. Even if they're short, they feel fun to write. I hope you enjoy them too!