chapter 38 ~ choice cowboy

Michael and I pulled up to the burger joint Dave had picked out. Considering he was reluctant to go I was sure giving him the option to choose where we go would make him more apt to actually show up. Sure enough stepped out Marvin and Dave out of a truck, which was also very clearly Dave's. I couldn't help but notice the familiar song that was playing from the truck. Ven Para by Weeekly. The sound of the song made me burst out laughing at one of two thoughts. Marvin forced Dave to listen to it, or the funnier option being this was the music the intimidating cowboy listened to himself.

Marvin waved at us with a smile plastered on his face while Dave lagged behind. We walked inside and got seated fairly quickly as it wasn't too crowed that day. Thank God. I truthfully didn't feel like being out very late today, especially after all of the work we'd been up to. I needed to enjoy my day off, at home with Mikey. We were seated and the waitress gave us some time to get settled and decide on what we wanted to drink. The table had a bucket of peanuts to snack on. That was new. When the waitress returned to get our drink orders Michael noticed that Dave was looking at her funny like he thought she was cute. Michael threw a peanut shell at his face. I noticed Marvin seemed a bit upset by Dave's staring. Marvin was extremely easy to read.

Dave snapped his head back around and Michael and began throwing peanut shells back at him. The two kept going and going making a huge mess in the process. I cleared my throat to signal to them to calm down with the shell wars. Michael giggled at Dave's annoyed expression, to which Marvin gave him a small smile that softened Dave's scowl.

I decided while we were all in a joking mood I'd figure out which one of those two were listening to Kpop. "So...Ven Para huh?" I giggled. Marvin's face lit up while the cowboy in front of us had a blush growing across his face. "You know Weeekly too?" Marvin asked a little overly excited as he started shaking Dave's arm. "Do you hear that Daveyboy they know Weeekly!" Michael and I tried our best to hold back the laughter at the pet name as Dave's face continued turning more and more red. However, Michael broke and nearly spit his drink out everywhere and I soon followed after.

"Yeah I enjoy Weeekly, thought I'm more of a STAYC fan myself!" I exclaimed. Michael started to laugh, recalling the time he secretly ordered their album for me. Marvin started to hum RUN2U and him and I sang it along softly together at the table while we waited for our food. Sharing our favorite songs and geeking out over our favorite music. However, my eyes were more set on Dave's expressions during all of this. He clearly had an extreme soft spot for seeing Marvin excited about something which seemed to really make him relax.

"Do you listen to them too, or do you just do it for Marvin" I turned and caught Dave off guard with my question. Perfect. "He controls the radio I don't argue about it." He said bitterly. I figured I should push further, it was funny to do so. "Why don't you argue about it hmm?" I teased.

"Because if I don't he'll be upset." He looked smug like he'd just won this battle, but I always won. "So you don't like Marvin being upset? Awww how sweet!" I winked. He tried to say something but all he could do was stutter before crossing his arms in defeat. Marvin smiled at Dave. A very warm one. The moment was interrupted by our food being brought to the table.

After more conversation, bickering and teasing one another we were finally ready to leave. Honestly I didn't expect things to go this well. Dave was honestly really likable once you hung around him for a little while. He was a bit stand-offish but other than that he was funny guy to spend time with. Putting Marvin in that mix made for even more fun too. Dave really seemed to loosen up with Phil around. It reminded me a little bit of William and Sakura just minus the murderous tendencies.

As we parted ways, Dave said something that stuck out to me. "I'll see y'all tomorrow!" Why would we see him tomorrow? That was the day before the grand-opening, and we'd all come to an agreement to go to the movies that day. I assumed Dave and Marvin would be going with us.

Michael and I went to sleep early to make sure we were actually ready to go tomorrow. You couldn't exactly get away with being an hour late to a movie. When we woke up that morning Michael told me he'd gotten a text message saying we wouldn't be going to the movies, but instead we'd be going to check out Circus Baby's Pizza World with Dave and Marvin. He promised we'd be disguised and if we ran into any trouble they'd be helping us as much as they could.

Something felt off-putting about this. I couldn't put my finger on it, but I felt like something bad might happen. I ignored it as I probably shouldn't have. I mean, it would be kinda rude to ignore this gesture those two were making towards us. We made our way to the address that had been sent to us. The building had an unlit sign on it. A banner strung across the window that read "Coming Soon!" Dave greeted us at the door and handed us each masks upon arrival.

William, Sakura, Michael and I all followed Dave around the place. Him showing off what he called "suspicious" layout choices around the building. He had a great point. The way the rooms were all disconnected and jumbled about the place felt really off-putting, almost like it was intended to be like a maze for children to try to make their way through.

Dave and Marvin took William and Sakura to the room with the ripoff animatronics and left Michael and I to explore on our own. Not without giving us some instruction first to keep us safe. "If there's anything concerning either of you, you find yourselves in a bind of some sort or immediate danger do me a favor. Just yell out the words Ven Para and I'll get to you two as fast as my legs will carry me. Y'all stay safe now." He pretended to tip a hat as he walked off.

The building was insanely cold. I hated the eerie feeling I got from this place, and Dave's warning didn't exactly add to the atmosphere of the dim lights in this place. It looked like something straight out of the backrooms. As we continued to explore we came across a room that had an animatronic in it. We swiftly turned back around and explored other areas.

We were going to start heading back to Dave and the others when we heard metal footsteps behind us. The voice of the animatronic sounded so familiar.....

—————————————————————————

A/N ~ Sorry I keep making everyone listen to kpop I can't help it. The little fluffy friendly scene between these four was very fun to write hehe I love their friendship. Now the real question is, are they on Y/N's side or are they leading us to danger? You'll find out soon enough!

I hope you're all enjoying! :)