chapter 8 ~ still the same

A/N - Slight sexual themes.
———————————————————————————————————————

Michael and I had been dating for 3 months now since his confession. I was still trying to get used to this, but I at least thought I was getting there. Since Michael was out of the job, I suggested he apply to work at the vinyl shop with me! Let's just say I made sure he got the job.

It felt really nice to get to spend a lot more time with him. I still couldn't help but think he could possibly still be hiding something of importance from me, but I knew he'd tell me once he was ready if there was anything he needed to say.

Not to mention, I finally had some competition for the sales game we had. Michael was quickly catching up to me, and I hated it. He was looking at the board, knowing he was only 15 sales away from passing me. Fuck.

"You know, this is the only thing I have left to brag about right?" I tapped him on the shoulder.

"You can brag about me baby." He turned around and pulled me into a hug.

"You're such a dork!" I giggled, welcoming his warm embrace.

"I'm your dork though. I don't really think you have much room to talk about being a dork though, Y/N. You're wearing one of my shir-"

"Shut up." I pecked him on the lips. I noticed him blush and it melted my heart. I don't exactly remember how love felt with Michael Afton, but this love I felt now, it felt so good. It felt real. I almost started to cry thinking about how I felt.

My mind of course, kept asking itself why it felt like something I've felt before, but it's because I have. I felt it with Michael Afton, and now I feel it with Michael Schmidt.

"I certainly have a type." I thought to myself.

I kept up my promise to not go back to Freddy's. I wasn't about to risk losing anyone or myself. I finally started to feel, considerably stable again. I knew this was selfish, and I knew Henry would be disappointed in me, but after all this time don't I finally deserve to be fucking happy?

I shouldn't have to worry about this shit anymore. I wanted to rest. I wanted peace, but, I knew I needed to put my own self-interests aside. People's lives were at stake. People living the same hell I've had to endure was at stake. I had to end this, but I wanted to enjoy this just a little longer.

"Well hello there love birds!" Jennie snuck up behind us. "Please no sex in the break room. I understand this is where you eat at, but not that kind of eating!" I playfully smacked her shoulder.

"I would never. Fuck you bitch."

"You're right, but I would!"

Jennie and I started to laugh obnoxiously. We kept making immature sex jokes, to the point we had tears rolling down our face. Everyone was in such an amazing mood today. The sun was out, and the weather was perfect. Bliss.

The store was going to be closed for a week, so we could redecorate. We also had recently bought the building next to us, so we'd be connecting the two so we could have an actual coffee shop in our store. Life was great. I was getting suspicious of everything going this well, but I chose to enjoy it instead of dwelling on what could go wrong.

A package had arrived with my name on it. It had a tag attached to it that read, "A gift from Michael. I know you've been wanting this for a while, so enjoy!" I thought I was going to melt on the spot. He actually remembered.

I opened the box, and sure enough there it was in all its glory. The StayC album I'd been wanting since it was announced, Young-luv.com. I nearly fainted I was so excited. Don't get me wrong, the 80s own my heart, but this new wave of kpop stuff had my head bopping. Especially StayC.