chapter 25 ~ my bad, you lose

A/N!!! ~ Warning ; Violence, kidnapping, murder.
—————————————————————————

It'd been about a week since everything happened with my mother. The book inside had detailed plans on how to burn the building without being caught, and that was all the proof we needed. Should've burned the book. Michael and I were getting ready for a night out with William, Sakura and Jennie. Masaki and Jeremy ditched us for a date night, as it's been for the past 3 times we've tried doing anything with those two love birds.

We were going to a local Casino in Sakura's town. She hadn't been out, just in case she ran into Vanessa again. She didn't want to run into her still wounded, it could turn into a death sentence. Jennie was already over at my place, as well as Michael. We were all getting ready, making sure we looked the part for the occasion.

Jennie had on all red, going for a very "queen of hearts" style look tonight, while I matched her with all black, going for the "queen of clubs."  Jennie look at me, and back at herself in the mirror. "Bitch, we look good."  She giggled. Michael came walking out in a fancy button-up, and black slacks. Nothing too special, but for him that was as formal as he'd allow himself to get.

"Why hello there beautiful." He wrapped his arms around my waist from behind me, and leaned over to give me a kiss. I quickly turned around and kissed him on the lips. Smooth, go me! He was startled at first, but deepened the kiss. "Can you two not fuck in front of me please?" Jennie retorted. Oops.

The moment was interrupted by a knock on the door. Greeted by Sakura and William, who instantly made Jennie and I feel overdressed. William was dressed similar to Michael, just with the addition of a red tie. Sakura had a white shirt on, with black suspenders, a loosened tie, and plaid blue and purple pants. Her hair was pulled back in a ponytail, damn did Jennie and I feel stupid.

"Wow you two really...outdid yourselves!" Sakura laughed awkwardly. Jennie and I shrugged it off and got in the car. William started pulling out of the driveway, as Sakura plugged her phone into the aux. If there was one thing to know about Sakura, she knew all the unknown gems of songs. Sometimes I thought she might even have a better music taste than me.

The song playing was "EVITA!" by DeVita. I'd never heard of her or this song before, but as it started, I had a feeling I'd enjoy it. It started with a very 80s sounding beat, but quickly turned into something a bit more jazzy. Henry would love this song.

"Boom boom boom. I trust people, I don't trust their tongue. Let'em speak and let us just play dumb."

Sakura sang along, she had such a pretty singing voice. We all admired it. I noticed William tapping his finger on beat to the song on the steering wheel while he drove, as if he'd heard the song multiple times before.

"Boom boom boom. Shutters shut and then the next day, boom! Shut the fuck up, bet they won't till noon."

The song kept getting more catchy as it continued. The addition of Sakura's singing going along so well with the song, it nearly sounded like a duet. Jennie was clearly enjoying the song as well, her head nodding along to the beat as she stared longingly outside at the city lights in the night. It fit the mood of the night really nicely.

"Wait a minute, don't rock the boat. One more time for the fellas, I'm not your girl. I'm tryna get out. I'm tryna get out. It's inevitable, yeah."

"Amen to that!" I exclaimed, earning a cheeky smile from Michael. He knew exactly what I meant by that. The way I ignored nearly everyone's advances, in hopes to find him. "Cheers to it then, Y/N." Michael snickered. He felt the same way I did about the lyric, he'd done the same for me.