chapter 13 ~ when you cry

A/N!!! ~ Violence, strong language, slight gore.
—————————————————————————

Jennie charged at him, and he charged at her. It was 2 against 1, but Jennie had a handicap of protecting me if he got to me first. I picked up the binder, my camera and got ready to make a run for it once Jennie put him down.

I watched anxiously, feeling like maybe I should do something. Jennie told me before we left not to get in her way, so I decided against it. Jennie would dodge swings William would make at her face and chest, while she kept trying to get him to fall. If she could trip him, she knew she'd win the fight.

"You think that's gonna be all you need to kill me? This isn't a petty high school fight little girl!" William growled. He was clearly getting tired.

"We aren't trying to kill you William!" I yelled from across the room. It was true, we weren't. All we wanted to leave. Plus, there was a part of me, a very weird part of me that wanted him to live. I had so many questions I wanted to ask him now.

"So then what's the point of all of this? Why are you here?" He yelled before swinging at Jennie, slicing her in the face. I heard her yelp, and I knew the rage that would follow after would be deadly. I could distract him.

"We're here for answers." I said, running at him. I wanted to tackle him, but I had other plans. As I ran at him, he smirked like he had an idea. Nothing could've prepared him for Jennie and I. As I ran at him, I went right while Jennie tackled him from behind. We got his ass.

I took the knife out of his hand, and Jennie worked on tying his hands up. Now he was at our mercy. "Do you seriously think for a second that I'd harm Elizabeth?" Was the first thing I could get out before breaking down crying. He just stared at me, lifelessly. I walked up to him and slapped him in the face. That was the least he deserved from me, I should've done more.

Now him, William Afton of all people, started to cry. "Please, don't ask me about her Y/N. You know-" I cut him off, tears running down my face.

"Of course I fucking know how much you loved her, but so did I. You know that too. Remember? Auntie Y/N? You gave me that nickname, and I told you how happy that it made me that your kids liked me. That your whole family liked me, because of how much I loved Michael." I was practically screaming at this point. My emotions were taking control.

"But Y/N your mother told me you weren't home that night." He sighed.

"I wasn't, I was at your house with Michael that night. I was there when you called. I thought he told you!"

"He did, however it was brought to my attention by a friend at school of yours how intimidating you could be. I thought there was a chance that you could be forcing him to give you an alibi. You don't understand what these things do to a man who couldn't protect his family." I stared at him bitterly, but inside I was feeling...bad for him. After all this time, the monster behind all of this, could he be saved?

I wanted to actually figure all of this out, the point was to kill or arrest whoever caused this, so if it wasn't William, who was it? I needed William alive, on our side, to figure that out. This fucking sucked.

"Which friend told you that?" I asked bluntly.

"Vanessa." My eyes could've popped out of my head.

"Wait wait wait. Vanessa as in the bitch who made fun of Y/N's brother dying? That cunt?" Jennie asked, tending to her wound.

"That's the one...I guess. I didn't know she went that far." He shook his head, now he looked confused.

"And you believed her?" Jennie exclaimed, basically offended for me.