chapter 12 ~ love is destructive

A/N!!! ~ Violence, strong language, mentions of gore and murder.
—————————————————————————

Jeremy was working on taking the door off the hinges. We couldn't risk the door squeaking or making any noise at all. He was being as quiet as he possible could, but before he could react a screw fell out of his hand.

"Got it!" Masaki whispered. "Be more careful loser!"

Jeremy let out a relieved sigh. That was too close for comfort. We couldn't let things like that keep happening, or we'd be caught for sure. I was starting to sweat, I was terrified to think what might happen if we got caught. You could see the worry on Jeremy's face too.

However, Masaki and Jennie looked ready or action. Jeremy and I were similar in a lot of ways, and this was one of them. We were both nervous people, but not Jennie or Masaki. They were smiling, ready to break into here and get out just as fast.

We helped Jeremy move the door off to the side, making sure it didn't hit anything that would make any noise that could alert any potential murderers that we were coming in. We slowly began entering the building. It was cold.

We entered and made our way to where we decided we'd be stationed. I'd be heading into the back, with Jennie hiding somewhere close by listening closely for any potential intruders that weren't us. Jeremy made his way up to the stage quietly, while Masaki turned off the alarm so he could open the front door without tripping anything if he needed to bring the animatronics to the front. I found the code to the alarm from Michael and kept it, I knew I'd need it eventually.

Jeremy got to work on loosening up the animatronics mobility. He was a mechanic, so he knew how to make fast work, even if these weren't cars. As he got to work, I was quietly sneaking my way into the back. It was time to rummage through the staff room. Jennie stood closely outside, knife in hand. This was go time.

I had to be fast. We didn't want to be in here longer than we needed to be. I entered the staff room, and just as I thought, it was pitch black. Dead silence filled me with dread of what I might find in here as I turned my flashlight on.

Jeremy had completely immobilized Freddy. One down, three to go. Masaki hid under a table, getting ready to make his distraction if need be. Jennie walked around the area with her knife in hand, occasionally turning her flashlight on, seeing if she could spot anyone hiding in the dark.

As I entered the staff only room, I saw a big cork-board frame hanging on the wall. On it were photos. Photos with people that had X's over their faces with red marker. As I looked at the wall, I began to grow more and more sick to my stomach.

There was a photo of my family, with everyone except myself and my mother with X's over our faces. The one next to that one, was of my friends. Masaki, Jennie and Jeremy. William wanted them dead too, and not even I knew it. Why? I snapped a photo and made my way to explore everything else around the room.

I saw a knife with dried blood on the desk that was in the room. That was obviously a murder weapon, and these two things alone would've been enough to turn him into the police, but my curiosity bested me, and I kept snooping.

There was a photo of the Afton family on the desk. Red words written on the image, with arrows pointing to each member of the family.

EVAN. My youngest. Shy boy. I'm so sorry, I should've warned the family.
How could I forget that accident. Another person who I didn't expect to blame themselves for the death of Evan.

ELIZABETH. My daughter. VENGEANCE.
Vengeance. The word echoed in my head. What was William on about? I didn't understand.

LAUREN. My wife. CHEATER. I'm sorry for being too much or too little for you.
So that's where she went. I guess it was understandable. I wouldn't want to stay with a maniac either.