19

(y'all not ready for the shit i have in storeeee, what's a book without some drama ....can't always be sunshine and rainbows 😵‍💫)

author's POV

"you know it's been a minute since you've gotten this kinda shit..." zarek stared at his drug dealer before rolling his eyes.

"mane it's just for right now, i'm not finna stay on it like before..." he replied.

but honestly he didn't know wether or not, he was gonna get stuck on it.

when zarek was younger he didn't have the best childhood for say...certain shit happened and he didn't know how to tell anyone or stop it.

he had nightmares for the longest time, parents took him to therapy but it didn't seemed to work.

he never told the truth about what was truly wrong with him, he felt ashamed and wanted to keep it to himself.

the drug dealer shook his head before handing zarek the xanax, oxy, and powder.

"this my last time selling it to you..." the drug dealer said before taking a puff from his cigar.

zarek nodded then walked out the house,  once he got to the car he grabbed three xanax out the bag and grabbed his double cup of lean.

he threw the pills in his mouth then swallowed them, many people have different ways to deal with trauma...

zarek addiction started during the beginning of highschool, hanging with the wrong crowd got him into some trouble...

his parents did their best to help him get clean, and it worked until now...until the nightmares started coming back he felt his trauma was haunting him.

zarek felt his high starting to sit in as he drove back home, it was 2:56pm.

he decided not to go to school today, he pulled up in the driveway and felt his teeth grind together.

"fuck..." he mumbled to himself as he got out the car.

he walked up to the door, soon as he opened it his mama was on the couch.

"so it's fuck school huh???" demon asked looking over at him.

"nah mama...i just ain't go today." he said tryna walk past her.

"zarek, c'mere." demon said but he ignored her and kept walking to his room.

"oh this lil nigga finna make me kill him.." she mumbled before getting up.

she walked up to his room and opened the door,"zarek...you doing that shit again??" she asked and he shook his head no.

"look me in my face and tell me no.." zarek slowly looked up at her.

"i only did it one time..." he said, which was a complete lie.

"zarek....is there something more you need to tell me, tell us i feel there's more to the story." she said and zarek shrugged.

some of zarek's memories were repressed due to how traumatic it was for his age.

so he couldn't completely remember everything but a few things, which made the nightmares even worse.

"mama can you just leave me alone??" he asked quietly.

"you sure you gonna be good?? " she asked and he nodded his head.

"zarek empty your pockets..." she sighed as he started pulling the pills and powder out of them.

"zarek...what the fuck, this looks like it's finna be multiple times...did you not learn from last time?" she asked as she picked up the drugs.