romanoff ~ f

~ baby's bath time ~
oh look another baby fic, cora is 7 months is this
very short

•••

I was just about to walk up stairs when i heard the door open. "ooh mummy's home" I bounced Cora on my hip as she giggled grabbing my face as i walked us over to the front door. "hi mummy" I greet Natasha as she turned to me giving me a big smile.

"hi mama. hi princess" She greeted back coming over to peck my lips and kiss Cora's head.

"say 'hi mummy'" I grabbed Cora's little hand to make her wave as she babbled a little blowing some raspberries as she look up at Nat.

"how's my little girl?" Natasha cooed grabbing Cora off me  as i smiled watching her bounced Cora making her giggle.

"she was about to have a bath weren't you?" I rubbed her belly as Cora looked over at me sticking her tongue out.

"oh bath time? alright let's go then" Natasha grabbed my hand pulling me towards the stairs as we walked up to the bathroom.

I grabbed the supplies while Natasha played with Cora while the bath was filling up. I had put her little baby floatie in the tub along with a few toys.

"alright you ready little one?" I grabbed Cora's hand as she squealed nodding. Natasha undressed her before placing her in her little floatie. Cora wiggled her little arms around a little bit as well as splashing her feet in the water.

I grabbed the baby soap squeezing a bit onto a soft sponge before i started washing Cora's body. She was giggling and squealing while i washed her body as Natasha held up a few toys to distract her.

Natasha started humming a tune before she started singing a lullaby in russian causing Cora to feel sleepy. I gently washed her head and her little amount of hair being careful around her face.

I heard Cora humming as she closed her eyes and opened her mouth slightly. "you like that baby. you nice and relaxed" I cooed slowly pouring water over her head to get the soap out.

"i'll get some fluffy towels" Nat spoke kissing my cheek quickly before going to the closet to get said fluffy towels. "these are so warm oh my" She hummed as she walked back in. When i turned around Natasha was rubbing a towel on her face.

"oh i washed them today" I turned back to Cora just as she opened her eyes looking up at me. "hi" I tickled her belly a little causing her to giggle. "you our clean little girl?" I cooed as Cora proceeded to squeal.

Once we had washed all the bubbles and soap off Cora and gotten a little wet from her splashing us. I grabbed her out of her floatie handing her to Nat who was holding one of the towels.

Natasha wrapped Cora up like a little burrito as she tried squirming out of it but couldn't letting out a little huff. "oh sorry baby but your a burrito now. that's what you get for splashing mama and i" Nat bopped Cora's nose who just scrunched up her face not understanding what she was saying.

"she's the cutest burrito" I scratched her head as Natasha hummed before we walked to Cora's room to put some clothes on her. I was picking out a cute onesie for Cora, i ended up with a simple white one that had grey dots and a stitched giraffe above the heart.

When i turned to Nat i saw Cora almost falling asleep in her hold i awed moving towards them. Nat met my gaze smiling as she carefully laid Cora on the changing table. "you know, i never asked how your day was" I spoke quietly grabbing a nappy for Cora.

"hmm it wasn't too bad. couldn't get much work done though" She admitted as we both carefully put Cora's onesie on.

"oh why's that?" Nat stepped back to let me finish dressing Cora before i picked her up rubbing her back soothingly.

"i couldn't get you and her off my mind long enough to focus" Nat spoke as she cupped my cheek with one hand, i nuzzled into her hand humming. She moved closer to kiss me sweetly but unlike the others this one lasted longer.

When she pulled away she kissed Cora's head causing her to hum in her sleep. "how about we go down stairs put this one in her crib down there so we can keep an eye on her while we cuddle on the sofa" My smile widened at her idea and when she looked back at me i nodded grabbing her hand to head down stairs.

We did end up spending the rest of the day in the living room. Cora was in her crib down there sound asleep as Nat and i cuddled on the sofa. She told me about her day and i told her about mine, it was a great way to end the day.

•••