johansson ~ f

~ chocolate chip pancakes ~
cora is four. super cute and wholesome

•••

I was awoken from my slumber by a light tapping on my arm. When i fluttered my eyes open i was met with a small pair of green eyes.

"mama" Cora whispered as she stood beside Scarlett and i's bed still in her Ash from Sing themed pjs. She has refused to wear any other pjs since we got them for her. She was holding her favourite duck plushie as her short y/h/c hair was all messy and sticking up in every direction.

"hi baby, are you okay?" I cooed reaching out to cup her cheek as she nodded with a wide smile.

"i um i'm hungry. can we please make chocolate chip pancakes?" Cora asked excitedly bouncing slightly on the spot. I chuckled lightly at her adorableness nodding as i carefully sat up trying not to distrub Scarlett who was fast asleep beside me.

"come on, princess" I picked her up electing a small squeal as i carried her out of our bedroom and towards the kitchen.

I had plopped Cora down as soon as we got to the kitchen. She immediately ran to grab all the ingredients she could reach leaving me with the ones out of reach.

Cora kept a tight grip on her plushie as she ran around the kitchen grabbing everything we'd need. "don't you think you'll be more efficient if you put Mr Quakers down?" I questioned and Cora stopped in front of me with Mr Quakers in one arm and a bowl in the other.

Cora looked between the two items she was holding before looking up at me and simply just shaking her head. I chuckled at her actions as she continued to grab things one by one.

Once we had everything out i got Cora her little step stool so she could reach the bench. "okay, Mr Quaker's should have a seat over there now so he doesn't get dirty hm?" Cora held Mr Quakers out with both hands before nodding and handing him to me so i could carefully place him on the bar stool in front of us.

"look he can watch us as we make them" I beamed rubbing her belly causing her to giggle.

"okay mama!" Cora exclaimed before she grabbed the container with the flour in it holding it out for me.

We had successfully made the pancake batter and had moved over to the stove to cook. "you have to be very careful around the stove okay, baby?" I warned Cora and she nodded carefully pouring some of the batter into the pan, with my help of course.

"look it's perfect!" Cora exclaimed after making a perfect circle pancake.

"it is baby, great job!" I praised rubbing her back as we watched the pancake cook.

We had made about half of the pancakes when we heard footsteps coming down the stairs. "oh mummy" Cora beamed putting her arms up so i could lift her off the stool and plop her back on the floor.

"hey whats go-" Scarlett started talking but was cut off by Cora running up to her screaming.

"mummy!" Scarlett bent down to pick Cora up as she wrapped her little arms around Scarlett's neck.

"good morning beautiful" I cooed pecking Scarlett's cheek causing her to blush a little her smile widening.

"mummy we're making chocolate chip pancakes!" Cora shouted bouncing in Scarlett's hold.

"oh are we now" Scarlett followed me over to the stove placing Cora back on the stool so she could watch the current pancake cooking in the pan.

I leaned against the counter watching Scarlett play with Cora's hair as she too watched the pancake cook.