Chapter 8

Veronica's POV

Veronica's POV
"Stop! L-let me go!"

"This is my brother Dennis. He's 20. You get him and I get Jacob."

"I don't want your brother! Jacob doesn't want you!"

"Too bad!"

Nancy started setting up and computer.

"Now I have two surprises for you. One is someone you know. One is you're gonna be recorded 24/7. Everything we find interesting will get posted."

I started shaking.

"Your dad will be here tomorrow. I'll let you two have fun now."

"NO!"

I got up and started running. Dennis grabbed my hair and dragged me over to the mattress on the floor. My ankle was chained to the wall. Dennis rolled my onto my stomach.

"GET OFF! GET OFF!"

He held my head down.

Shit!

I can't breathe!

When he was done I curled up into a ball and started crying. The next day my dad came in and he did it.

I want to go home!

"HELP! HELP!"

After a few weeks I gave up. The only thing that's been keeping me sane is me having Jacob's songs stuck in my head. One day I heard a bang that woke me up.

"POLICE!"

I went to scream but I closed my mouth.

This could be a test.

Or a dream.

Go back to sleep.

I shut my eyes and tried to ignore the yelling.I heard footsteps getting closer to the room I was in.

Pretend you're sleeping.

Maybe they'll let me be for now.

The door to the room I was in opened. Then the light turned on.

"Are you Veronica Barnes?"

I sat up and saw two women in police uniforms. I recognized one of them.

"Christy?"

"Holy shit I found you!"

I started crying. She got the chain off of my ankle. I started hugging her.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you so much!"

"Let's get you out of here."

Christy and the other officer helped me stand up. They brought me outside to an ambulance. I got in it and sat down. I noticed Christy was on the phone.

"I'm going to ride with you. I just called your aunt. She's meeting us at the hospital."

"Can you call Jacob?"

"I'm pretty sure he's doing an interview with a radio station right now."

"Can I interrupt it?"

She smirked.

"Sure."

She dialed a number then brought the phone up to her ear.

"I know you can't talk right now but I have someone you'll be happy to hear from."

She handed me the phone.

*Phone Call with Radio Station*
"J-Jake?"

"Ronnie?! Is that you?!"

"Yeah. Yeah it's me. Your aunt just found me. I'm going to the hospital now."

"Oh my god you just made my day. Are you okay?"

"No. Not really. I'll tell you everything when I see you."

"Alright. We can do something when I'm back if you want. I'll be back either tonight or tomorrow."

"O-okay. I'll see you then. Bye."

"Bye songbird. I love you."

"I-I love you too."

*End of Phone Call*
"He finally told you?"

"Yeah. I told him too. I mean it. Do you think he does?"

"Trust me. He does."

"H-how do you know?"

Her and the EMT got in them the ambulance started moving.

"Him and my brother who's his dad were fighting. Jacob wanted to keep looking for you but Alec wouldn't let him. He asked why he was so determined to find you. Jacob admitted it. He full on said that he loves you. He even started crying."

"How long was I gone?"

"Two months."

"Really?"

"Yeah. He's been taking his emotions out on music and football. Damn he can run fast."

After they were done checking me out I was put in a private room.

"There you are!"

My face lit up.

"Aunt Kim!"

She walked over to me and I started hugging her. I ended up crying.

"I-I'm tired of this happening to me."

"Everyone is going away. They won't hurt you anymore. Get some rest alright? I'll make sure they let Jacob in."

I nodded. I laid down and shut my eyes.

I get to see him soon.

I can't wait.

I felt something on my forehead and woke up. I saw Jacob and jumped up. My arms went around his neck.

"J!"

"Hey songbird."

I started crying. He started rubbing my back. He was using his other hand to cradle my head.

"It's okay. I'm here."

"I thought I'd never see you again!"