Chapter 15

Jacob's POV
It felt like, my world just fell apart. I didn't leave my room for a few days after that. I laid in bed and stared at the necklace. I finally decided to put it on.

"Jacob? Come out here."

"G-go away!"

A few weeks after that, I heard music coming from her house. I walked outside. I saw the front door was decorated for her birthday. I drove to the store and got her roses. I got her a necklace similar to mine. I parked in my driveway and walked next door. I opened the door and walked in. I heard her laughing. I followed it. I saw the back of her head along with someone else's. I saw them wrap their arms around her. My heart shattered more. I dropped everything. The vase shattered. I ran outside. I ran into my house and up to my room. I slammed my door shut and locked it. I started hyperventilating and shaking.

She doesn't understand what she's doing.

She doesn't understand that, we didn't break up.

She doesn't understand that she's cheating.

Veronica's POV
I heard something shatter. I looked behind me. I saw a broken vase and roses all over the floor. I saw a note and a box sitting in the water. I stood up and walked over to it. I picked up the note.

I'm sorry I didn't find you sooner. I'm sorry you heard my dad say what he did. I'd never listen to him. You're the love of my life. I'm not mad at you. I never was.

-Jacob

My eyes widened.

Oh god.

What have I done?!

"What's wrong?"

"I-I think...I fucked up! AUNT KIM!"

I ran around looking for my aunt. I found her in the backyard.

"What does it mean when, you're dating someone but you're with someone else too?!"

"That's cheating. Why?"

"Oh no! Jacob came by! I-I fucked up!"

I showed her the note. Her jaw dropped.

"W-what do I do?!"

"Go fix this! You're grounded!"

"What?! I-I've never been grounded!"

"You are now! Get Franco out of my house!"

I ran back inside.

"What's wrong?"

"I-I just found out what, I-I accidentally did!"

He went to hug me but I pushed him away.

"What was that about?"

"I'm accidentally cheating!" I said as my voice cracked.

His eyes widened. He ran out of the house. I picked up the box and opened it. I noticed, a necklace. It was similar to the one, I gave Jacob. I ran outside. I ran next door. I started pounding on the door. The front door opened. I saw Lakelyn.

"You're an asshole."

"I-I know! I-I thought, he broke up with me!"

"You honestly did? After what he did for you on Christmas? He didn't eat dinner. He was too worried about you. He went by your house, without shoes or a jacket. Does that sound like something, someone does when they're about to break up with someone?"

"I-I didn't know!"

She slammed the door in my face. I started crying. I walked back home with my head down.

"Did you see him?"

I shook my head.

"Lakelyn slammed the door in my face. I deserved it."

"I'm not saying you did but...you really fucked up. You broke his heart. Cheating is one of the worse things to do in a relationship."

"I-it is?"

"Yes. Do you expect him to take you back now?"

"H-he never broke up with me!"

"He might now."

"What?!"

"Go to your room."

"Aunt Kim I-"

"NOW Veronica!"

I ran up to my room. I looked at my phone. I saw 1,000 missed calls from Jacob. I saw 3,000 text messages from him. I read all of them. I started texting him. I started calling him. He didn't answer.