Chapter 26

Veronica's POV
"Your boyfriend knows you're here."

Please save me.

He started to trust me enough to take the chain off my ankle. A few days after that, I heard sirens and jumped up. I heard banging on the door.

"OPEN UP! I KNOW SHE'S HERE!"

Jacob?

I opened my mouth but Dax walked past me.

"Don't think about it."

I shut my mouth. He came back with a gun. He put it in my mouth. I started hyperventilating.

"If anyone comes in here...this room is going to have you all over it."

I shut my eyes and started crying. I heard a phone ringing. He took his phone out of his pocket and answered it.

"Who is this?"

He started laughing.

"Oh Jacob. You poor, poor dude."

He's talking to him?!

"Oh yeah. She's fine. She's got a gun in her mouth. If you come in here, I'll kill her."

I heard Jacob's voice over the phone.

"TOUCH HER AND I'LL SNAP YOUR NECK!"

I kept crying.

"I WANT TO TALK TO HER! RIGHT NOW!"

"Oh I'm not letting you do that. I'll put you on speaker though."

"WHAT?!"

*Phone Call with Jacob*
"LET ME TALK TO HER!"

"You get a minute."

"Jacob?!"

"Thank god! You're gonna be okay! I'm gonna get you!"

"I-I'm so scared!"

"I know baby. I am too. Everything is going to be okay. Are you hurt?"

"I-I'm fine."

"For now."

"If you lay a hand on her, you're dead."

"Wait. I have an idea."

"I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU-"

*End of Phone Call*
He pointed the gun at me.

"Take off your clothes."

"W-what?!"

"Do it or, you're losing that baby."

"P-please no! A-anything but that! Please! I'll do anything else but that!"

He rolled his eyes.

"Fine."

He turned his back to me and I started running. When I got outside, I ran right into Jacob's arms. He pressed our foreheads together.

"I'm pregnant."

"R-really?"

I nodded. He cupped my face.

"It's ours."

"You're sure?"

"Yes. H-he didn't do that to me."

He looked around.

"I found the ambulance. Let's go."

He grabbed my hand and brought me to the ambulance.

"I'm going to follow you. I'll be right behind you."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

I got in the ambulance and Jacob ran off to his car. At hospital, They put me in the ER. Jacob ran in and started checking the individual rooms. He found mine and ran in. I held my arms out. He ran into them. He started cradling my head.

"It's okay. You're okay."

He started rubbing my back. They kept me in the hospital for a month. I fell asleep on the drive home. I woke up in Jacob's bed. I sat up. I heard Jacob talking to someone and got up. I walked towards his voice. When I got to him, I saw he was talking to my cousin Cody.

"So you're just letting her rest?"

"Yeah. The hospital told me that, it's going to take time for her to recover."

I groaned.

"Hey Cody."

I walked over to him and hugged him.

"Hey Ronnie."

"How'd you sleep?"

"Okay I guess."