Chapter 27

Veronica's POV
I heard water running. I opened my eyes and saw I was in the shower. I felt someone washing my hair. I looked up. I saw Jacob.

"Put your head back down. You're gonna get soap in your eyes."

I put my head back down.

"Wh-where's Cody?"

"He went home. You fell asleep while we were talking to him. You mumbled something about showering. I figured, I'd help you."

"Aww you're adorable. Why do you still have your shorts on?"

"I don't know what he did to you. I don't wanna make you uncomfortable. Put your head back so nothing gets in your eyes."

I tilted my head back and shut my eyes. I felt him getting the soap out of my hair.

"Okay. You can't put it back down now."

I put my head back down. I heard him pick up something. He lifted my arm up.

"What're you doing?"

"What does it look like?"

"It looks like, you're shaving me."

"Yes. That's what I'm doing. I'm not grossed out or anything. I just want you to be comfortable."

Once he was done shaving my arms, he sat down.

"Here. Give me your legs.

I put my legs in his lap. He started shaving my legs.

"H-how do you feel? I-I noticed you're eating. You look healthy. I can tell, you've been going to the gym."

"Oh?"

"It doesn't help that, you're in a wet shirt. I can literally see your abs."

He chuckled.

"I-I'm not complaining. I-I like it. Y-you're seriously not grossed out?"

"Do you get grossed out when I don't shave?"

"No. I don't care."

"I'm the same with you. It's your body. You can do what you want with it."

My face started to heat up. I cleared my throat.

"You can take off your clothes. I-I don't care."

"I'm almost done. I can't believe...we're gonna be parents."

"I-I did everything I could to...to keep it."

"I know. Okay. I think I'm done."

He checked out my body and made sure, there was nothing left. After that, he stood up and helped me stand up. He turned the water off.

"Are you trying to pamper me?"

His face turned red.

"Is that a bad thing?"

"No."

We walked out of the shower and he helped me get dressed. I noticed, he put one of his shirts on me.

"That should do until, we get clothes that'll be pregnancy tolerant. I'll take you to the store when you're ready."

He walked away and came back with dry clothes. He took off his wet clothes and put on his dry ones.

"Here. I-I'll do your laundry."

"It's fine. I'm fine with doing it."

"D-Dax got mad when I didn't do it."

"You're back with me. You don't have to do anything, you don't want to. I thought...you knew that."

I looked down.

"I-I do. I-I'm just worried."

"I'm not like him. I'm not going to make you do what, you don't want to."