Chapter 34

Veronica's POV
"Please go lay down. You look like, you're about to collapse."

"O-okay. Okay."

"Here. Let me help."

I wrapped one of his arms around me and wrapped one of arms underneath his. We slowly started walking. He tripped over a step. He put his hand out and caught himself.

"You okay?"

He shook his head.

"Okay. Take your time. Don't rush."

We stood there for a moment.

"Do you think, you can walk more now or do you need a few more minutes?"

"I-I'm starting to have a hard time standing. Please get me in our bed."

"Okay."

He started crawling up the stairs. I put my hand on his back to support him. When we got to our room, he climbed into bed. He laid down then curled up into a ball.

My poor baby..

"Do you still want to watch the movie?"

He nodded.

"I will be right back then."

I kissed his forehead. I went downstairs and finished getting everything ready to watch the movie. I quickly walked back upstairs.

"Okay. I'm back."

Jacob sniffled.

"Baby..."

I rushed over to the bed and sat down. He put his head on my leg. I started running my fingers through his hair. He started crying.

"Shhh. It's okay. You're okay. Breathe."

I pulled the blanket up to his chin.

"Let me know when, you want to start the movie. Don't force yourself to stay awake."

"I'm hurting so much."

"I know. I wish, I could make it go away."

I laid down and he put his head on my chest. I put the bowl of popcorn in the middle of us.

"Do you want to start it?"

He shrugged.

"I-I guess."

I started playing the movie. In the middle of it, I looked down to check on Jacob.

"J? Are you still awake?"

"K-kinda."

I heard my phone ping. I picked it up and saw a text from Lakelyn.

"Jacob they got him."

His head popped up.

"T-they did?!"

"Yeah. Your sister just told me."

He kissed me then put his head back down. After a while, I checked on him again. I moved hair out of the way and saw his eyes were closed. I carefully got up and cleaned up.

"Ronnie? Where'd you go?"

I ran back upstairs.

"Hey I'm sorry. I was cleaning up."

"I-it's okay."

I laid back down next to him. He put his head on my chest and started rubbing my stomach. I started scratching his arm and head. He yawned.

"Thank god, I can sleep now. Well...hopefully at least."

"I'm sure, you'll be able to. Just give it time."

I looked down at him. His eyes were closed. I kissed the top of his head. I just let him sleep while, I watched tv. He slept for the rest of the day. I woke him up for dinner. After we got ready for bed, he immediately fell asleep again. I wrapped my arms around him and started scratching his back.