Seventy-two

The house is quiet this morning, the sounds of the seagulls and nearby waves muted by the glass windows. I woke up a little late, almost everyone already ready for the day and waiting outside. I don't mind the silence though, my brain still trying to catch up with the dream I had the night before.

I say 'dream', but I think it was actually a memory from before the accident. It had the same dream-like quality the other memories had, it giving me the sense of just enough Deja vu to make me aware that it actually happened. It matches up with what Jimin said yesterday as well. I had believed him, of course, but the dream has successfully filled in some of the gaps in my memory.

It fills me with hope when things like this happen. When I successfully remember something that happened before the accident it makes me hopeful that I am getting better. On one hand, it's exciting. I want to know what happened between Jimin and I, if only so that I am able to recall of those precious memories that were taken away from me. I don't want to continue being left in the dark when it comes to the wonderful people I have decided to surround myself with either. I even want to get those memories of Taehyung back. I want to remember how I felt about him before, as well as what made him change his mind about me. And don't even get me started on the weird attraction I have been feeling towards him as of late, that a whole other can of worms I am not looking forward to opening.

While I may want to know all of that, there is also a part of me that doesn't want to recover my lost memories at all. A small part of me is scared that I will find something that will change how I feel about Jimin. From how things are going between us right now, I don't think I need anything else to put a damper on our special relationship.

We aren't officially dating, but we might as well be. I haven't wanted to be in a relationship since Seokjung, but Jimin is undeniably changing my mind about that. Why else would I be feeling the way I am right now as I go over everything that has happened since we came to this weekend getaway?

It all started when Lisa and Moonbin arrived yesterday. Jimin couldn't distance himself from me fast enough, almost tripping and eating shit in his attempt to create space. Then, he had turned his head when I tried to kiss him at the pool. Things got a little better after we starting having fun with the others, but, even then, I could tell something was different between us. After everyone was done swimming we all had drinks and food in the impressive living room, the two of us sitting next to each other. He had been subtle about it, but he would shy away from my touch.

At first I thought that he was doing it for my sake. He always seems to think that I would be embarrassed by him, which is obviously not true, but he would move away even when I made a point of initiating contact with him. Now I don't know what to think, it taking everything in me not to be a little bitch and let my own doubts and insecurities get the better of me.

I am brought to my senses as I reach the downstairs bathroom that was dubbed as the women's. The men will be using the one upstairs, that giving me enough peace of mind to go inside so that I can change for the day.

Kai let us know before we turned in for the night that we would all be playing beach volleyball after breakfast. I will never turn down an opportunity to look good in front of Jimin, so I decided to wear a black two-piece that has stylish cutouts in the sides of the top as well as the bottoms. The black color makes my tan from yesterday even more apparent, me deciding last minute to take the padding out of the short-sleeved top. I know Jimin said he doesn't like all of the attention having nipple piercings brings me, but I'm doing it anyway. Having everyone's attention makes me feel good about myself, and I definitely need that after Jimin's recent unexplainable behavior. A pair of cut-off shorts go on over my bottoms for the time being, me simply keeping my lengthening hair in a high ponytail.