Fifty-nine

"Hey, noona."

I glance up from my phone and smile softly at the grinning male standing next to me, putting my electronic device away as he sits down and puts his backpack on the table.

"Hey handsome, how were your classes today?"

I can't help but love how flustered Jimin always gets when I compliment him, his cheeks turning pink as his eyes refuse to meet mine. He starts talking about his day and I lean back so that I can look at him, my eyes taking in his soft, yet still largely masculine, features.

Cassi convinced me to hang out with them during lunch now that I am out of the hospital and have nothing to do. Classes are still going on, but I missed too much to continue this semester. I'm a little bit upset that I'm going to have to retake all of the classes I had started this semester, but my professors said that I can reuse a lot of my work without it being considered plagiarism since my situation was so unfortunate. I'm not looking forward to it, but at least I will have already taken the courses so they will be easier to understand the second time around.

Jimin has been sitting with me at lunch since I started hanging out here, but I can tell that he is holding back. He always looks as if he wants to hug me or hold my hand but is refraining from doing so, it clear that I am still a little bit awkward around everyone. I can't help but wonder how much this guy really meant to me if he was so comfortable holding my hand in front of people because he seems like a relatively shy person.

I find myself checking him out again as he continues to talk, my bottom lip captured between my teeth as I do so. I can definitely see why I was attracted to him, my eyes trailing over the pale skin of his neck before focusing on his face. His jawline is sharp, his mouth full and a natural pink color. I can't help but wonder what it would feel like to press my lips against his, my gaze fixed onto them as they move with every word he speaks. I want to know if he makes any sounds while he's kissing or if he's the silent type. I want to know if he would immediately let me take control or if he would resist at first.

My money is on him being totally submissive, the thought causing heat to form in my lower stomach. His tongue comes out to wet his bottom lip and it takes everything in me not to lean forward and succumb to all of my fantasies, it now apparent that I must have always been attracted to him. He is literally just sitting there talking to me and I can feel myself getting turned on the longer I look at him, which is why I turn away.

Jimin is hot and there's no denying that, but if I keep looking at him I am going to end up taking him somewhere private. As much as I would love to find out what he can do with that tongue of his, I would feel wrong doing that. He is obviously still into me, so I would feel as if I was taking advantage of him if we did anything remotely sexual. If I broke my own rule about dating for this guy I must have really liked him. I'm not sure if I'm ready to try again with him after what happened, but I also don't want to hurt him.

"Hey Jimin!"

I blink and turn towards the feminine voice that just spoke, Jimin pausing to do so as well. The girl that sits down next to him wasn't at the get-together we had, so I have no idea who she is. She is super pretty though, her long hair framing her face and accenting her delicate facial features. Her eyes seem to glow as she grins at Jimin before looking over at me, her smile wavering slightly at the inquisitive look on my face.

"Welcome back, Chloe" she says softly. "I heard about what happened. I'm Yuqi by the way."

Her name doesn't ring any bells, my eyes narrowing slightly as I notice how closely she is sitting to Jimin. Their legs are almost brushing despite all of the room that is left on the bench we are sharing, it painfully clear to me that this girl has the hots for him.

I shouldn't be feeling jealous right now, but I am. I've been noticing that my subconscious feelings for Jimin always seem to reveal themselves in random situations, and it's making everything difficult for me. I don't want to feel territorial over a guy that I don't even remember going out with but I do, a frown on my face as I turn to him.

"Are you two together now, or...?"

His eyes widen, "wha-no! Yuqi is my dance partner."

He gulps before scooting a little closer to me, hesitantly reaching out with his hands as he does so. He goes slowly, as if he isn't sure if I would approve of what he is about to do. I'll admit that I'm a little curious, so I don't move as he gently grasps my arm with both of his hands and brings it to his chest, him hugging it as he shyly looks up at me.

"I'm only interested in you, noona."

Shit. My heart flutters weirdly in my chest, my own cheeks heating up as I turn away from him and look across the cafeteria to where Namjoon and Samuel are talking in the line to get food. One look at Yuqi and it was clear that she was interested in Jimin. I don't want to take pleasure in the fact that he literally blew her off in front of her, but I can feel the corners of my lips turning up into a smirk as I continue to avoid eye contact of any kind. I want to hate how happy that simple sentence just made me, but it's impossible to ignore the fondness I have for this guy.

"C-can I, um....." he trails off, his grip on my arm tightening as his nerves make his voice shake. I finally feel normal enough to look back over at him, immediately noticing the hesitance displayed on his face. He bites his lip before glancing up at me, his fingers fiddling with the sleeve of my shirt before he opens his mouth to speak again. "Can I go with you when you leave today?"

My eyebrows rise as I look at him, his entire face taking over the pink color of his cheeks as he continues, "I would go with Tae, but I wanted to spend more time with you."

I should say no. I may have been close to him before, but I don't remember him. These random feelings of affection I have for him are confusing me, and I'm not sure if I should dive right in and pick up where we left off or push him away. Jaebum told me about why we broke up, so there is no guarantee that the same thing won't happen all over again if I decide to let him get close to me once more. I haven't let my guard down since Seokjung, and there is a reason why I hadn't gone out with anyone since him.

Despite all of that, I can't say no to him. I bite my own lip as my eyes scan Jimin's face, finding nothing but hope in his innocent gaze. He has been nothing but nice to me since I woke up, and I get the feeling that he still somewhat blames himself for what happened to me. My chest aches at the thought of him still feeling guilty, and it's painfully clear that he missed hanging out with me. If this turns out to be a bad idea I am never going to let anyone go over to my apartment ever again.

"Fine" I say as I stand up, Jimin standing up with me since he is still holding onto my arm. "It was nice to meet you, Yuqi, but I'm afraid we will be taking our leave now."