Twenty-five

I can't help the impressed grin that appears on my face as I watch Jimin win yet another shotgunning competition against Jaebum and Samuel, him tossing the empty beer can into a nearby recycling bin after he is finished. Samuel pouts childishly while Jaebum laughs next to him, him patting Jimin on the back when he goes to stand next to him.

"I can't believe I lost to someone two years younger than me" Samuel grumbles and I roll my eyes with a smile, him losing his disgruntled look when Jimin nudges him gently.

Cassi stands from her spot next to me and heads over to the cooler that is set up on the other side of the fire pit, Tina swooping in and stealing her chair.

"Get me another one, will you?" I call out to my best friend as I finish my sixth beer of the evening, the loud music blasting from Tina's speaker almost drowning my voice out. Cassi does hear me though, her grabbing two beers before making her way back over to where I am.

"Why didn't you join the shotgun thing they're doing?" Tina asks from beside me, crossing her legs as she does so.

I shrug, "I guess I just didn't feel like it."

"Oh, come on!" Cassi yells, scowling at Tina when she sees that the girl stole her chair. "You should just do one against Jimin. I bet you'd win."

I roll my eyes as she hands me my new beer, Samuel and Jaebum jumping in circles as they chant my name. I lock eyes with Jimin and he puffs out his chest, placing one of his hands on his waist while the other one motions me forward. The challenging look on his face is too cute for me to say no too, it getting harder and harder to ignore their attempt at peer pressuring me into doing it. Tina grabs ahold of my shoulder and starts shaking me from side to side, a wide smile on my face as I stand up and hold my hands up in surrender.

Everyone cheers and I step closer to the fire pit, careful to not get too close. My hair is in a high bun so that it doesn't get in my face due to the ocean breeze, a short sleeved shirt and ripped skinny jeans on my body. I reach out and accept the knife that Jaebum hands me, cutting a hole near the bottom of the can. Jaebum takes his knife back and does the same thing with Jimin's can, the two of us moving so that we are standing in front of each other.

"You're going down, noona" he teases, his voice slightly slurred due to the alcohol running through his body. I roll my eyes and take a step closer, taking in his flushed face and wind-swept hair.

"I doubt that, hun, but you can try. What do I get for as a prize when I win?"

He pretends to think as my friends make bets behind us, the music still playing in the background.

"If I win, I want a kiss" he says thoughtfully, "and if you win, I'll give you a massage."

I pout, "but what if I wanted a kiss?"

"You two are fucking gross!"

"Yeah, get a room already."

"Can you just go? I bet twenty dollars on you, Jimin."

"Fucking traitor!" I yell in shock, turning towards Cassi with my mouth dropped open. She simply shrugs, motioning for us to get going with one of her hands. I flip her off yet turn back around to Jimin, both of us reaching for the front tab of our beer cans.

"Ready?" Samuel yells, waiting for us to nod. "Three, two, one, go!"

I flick open the tab and put the hole I cut up to my mouth, tilting the can and my head back as the bitter liquid assaults my tastebuds. I keep my throat open as I chug the fizzing drink as fast as I can, crushing the can in my hand when I finish.

"It's a tie!"

My eyes widen as I look over at Jimin, my look replicated on his face. I can't help but smile though, tossing my can into the recycling bin as I walk over to him.

"I guess it was pretty pointless making prizes since we both wanted the same thing" I tease before leaning towards him, placing my hand around the top part of his neck as I angle his head up.

The kiss that follows is sloppy and heated, my head a little fuzzy now that it has been given time to soak up all of the alcohol I have consumed thus far. It seems like Jimin is way more drunk than I am though, his fingers clenching onto either side of my shirt as he pushes his body closer to mine. I can feel the neediness in the caress of his tongue, the beer we have been drinking all night mixing with the natural sweetness of his lips.

"Ok, ok, that's enough" Tina says as she stands up and moves over to the speaker, her voice causing Jimin and I to pull apart. His skin is still flushed from the alcohol, it growing a shade darker as I smile down at him.

Tina clicks a button and the speaker starts glowing in time with the music, it changing different colors as she moves it closer to us. She moved it in such a way that the flashing lights are even effecting the flames of the fire, it turning our bonfire into a colorful rave.

Jimin, Jaebum, and Cassi make a circle and start dancing to the music playing, it clear that they are the most drunk out of all of us. I can't judge them though, seeing as this is what our spring break is for. It's a short break from our college classes where we get to hang out and do whatever the fuck we want with little to no consequences. Even though it's a weekday tomorrow, we don't have to sober up and go to any of our classes. Jimin has to leave in the morning, but he has plenty of time to collect himself on the drive home.

I stand by the fire and just watch my friends as they dance and have fun, a smile spreading across my face as I watch Jimin interact with them. I am so happy that he seems to be getting along with my friends so well, his presence in our group bringing a positive energy that we haven't had in a while. I was afraid that we would be too rowdy for him at first, but, after spending the last two weeks together during lunch as well as after our classes, he has started acting more comfortable around them. The alcohol in his system seems to be bringing out a side of him that I have never seen before as well, it fascinating to watch.

Jimin is normally a very polite guy. He is extremely charming, and he has this gift of making people become at ease when in his presence. When he relaxes around you, he can be very playful and cute, his slightly-immature side peaking through his reserved exterior. Right now, he can't seem to stop smiling or laughing at the others around him. Getting drunk has totally collapsed all of the walls that he keeps up in order to get people to like him, his true colors shining through and making me smile at how free he looks.

Another thing I notice as I let my eyes scan over his body is the way that it moves. I knew that Jimin was majoring in music, but I didn't know that he could dance as well. He does a body-roll to the song that's playing and my eyes widen in surprise by how flexible he seems to be. Something about the way that he dances makes it practically impossible for me to look away from him. He suddenly turns around and sees me watching, a grin on his face as he jogs over to where I am and grabs my hands.

"Dance with me, noona" he yells over the music before pulling me closer. I don't even attempt to protest, grinning as I let him tug me over to where everyone else is. Even Tina and Samuel come over and join in, our circle getting larger as we spread out and start doing solos in the center.

Jaebum, who I already knew was a good dancer, busts out some of his moves, Jimin going after him. Samuel does a lot of nonsense dance moves while belting the wrong lyrics to the song, making all of us laugh at how random he is. Cassi, Tina, and I decide to go together, the guys cheering as we make a line and grind on each other.

We continue to dance and have fun until the night sky makes way for the sun and the fire dies down, all six of us stumbling on our way back to the house. I'll probably have a major headache tomorrow, but it'll be worth it. I smile to myself as Jimin pulls me into his room and we snuggle under the covers, falling asleep in each other's arms as we talk about how fun our first full day of spring break was.