Twenty-eight

I'm sitting next to Jungkook while we play a shooting game of some sort, the screen split so that we can both participate. It's been about an hour since I arrived at their place and Taehyung is still yelling at his mother over the phone, my stuff sitting unpacked in the guest bedroom.

I don't blame Taehyung for reacting the way he is. I probably would have done the same thing myself, but I would be complaining to one of my friends about it as opposed to my parents. I know all too well what happens when I act up around the people who raised me, there no way in Hell you would catch me talking to them the way Taehyung is talking to his parents.

"Take that, sucker!" Jungkook yells when his team wins, a frustrated groan leaving my lips as I fling myself so that I'm laying on my back on his bed. He may have taught me how to dominate at Overwatch, but I'm shit at this new game for some reason. I blame it on his lack-luster teaching skills this time around, it clear that he didn't want a repeat of what happened last time to occur.

"Is he ever going to shut up?" Jungkook questions with a glare as he looks at his closed bedroom door, it obvious that he's talking about his older brother. I chuckle as he scowls and crosses his arms, sitting back up and slinging my arm over his shoulders.

"I doubt it, hun. He literally hates me."

"Why is that?" is his next question, him turning down the sounds coming from the video game and shifting so that he is fully facing me. I roll my eyes when another loud yell reaches my ears before smirking, crossing my arms over my chest.

"You could say that we both just don't see eye to eye, but it's much simpler than that. I have a little thing going on with Jimin, and he doesn't seem to like that."

Jungkook's eyes practically bulge out of his head as he takes in the new information, his mouth dropping open to amplifying his shook expression. I laugh as I ruffle his hair affectionately, his expression staying in place as he tries to process this news.

"Jimin? The last time I saw you, you seemed really upset at him for some reason. You're telling me that you and Jimin are dating?"

I nod and he lets out a low, singular whistle, seemingly impressed with this discovery.

"I mean, I guess it makes sense. Hyung and Jimin-ssi have been friends for as long as I can remember, so it makes sense that he would start hating you for hooking up with him."

That does make sense, but Taehyung has had it out for me since high school. Even before I started looking at Jimin the way I do now, he seemed to have it out for me. It was always the same thing, the strange tension we always have between us not changing. It's simply gotten worse over the years, it at its peak now that Jimin and I are a thing.

"I didn't know hyung hated you though. I kinda thought you two were...you know....."

"Fucking?" I supply, watching in amusement as his cheeks turn pink. It's cute how much he seems to want to talk to me about this despite how innocent he is, it easy for me to forget that I am almost five years his senior. "What made you think that?"

"Hyung used to say some, uh" his blush deepens, "graphic things about you." I motion for him to keep going and he clears his throat nervously, his blush spreading to the tips of his ears.

"When his friends come over, they like to talk about the girls they think are hot at their college. He never lets me hang out with them, but I listen from the stairs and your name always seems to come up one way or another."

I can't help but smirk, instantly intrigued. I scoot closer to him and ask, "who are the ones that talk about me?", blinking up at him innocently. He looks a little hesitant to answer my question, me leaning forward and offering him something in return. "I'll buy you food any time you want while I'm staying here if you tell me."

The response is immediate.

"Jin hyung didn't know who they were talking about until recently, so he didn't comment. Namjoon hyung agrees that you are hot, but he doesn't have any interest in you other than the fact that he likes being your friend. Jimin is shy and doesn't say much, but he compliments your looks whenever it comes up in conversation. And hyung likes to talk about what he would do to you if you weren't so aggravating."

"Like.....?" I trail off, but he shakes his head and doesn't take the bait. His blush moves down to his neck and I decide to take pity on him, just thankful that he told me what he already has at such a small price.

"What do you want for lunch, Kook? I'll even order extra so Taeshit can have some too when he stops whining like a fucking pussy."

He laughs as he stands and gives me a helping hand up as well, running a hand through his hair as I pull down my over-sized t-shirt so that it is covering the black cut-off shorts I'm wearing.

"Does Isaac Toast deliver?" he inquires as he takes my hand in his, leading me out of his room and towards the staircase where Taehyung's voice can now be heard loud and clear. I shrug, not really knowing the answer to that but doubting it.

"I don't think so. I'm down to drive there if you'll come with me."

He grins happily and skips down the stairs ahead of me, his enthusiasm making me chuckle to myself. The steps of the stairs are soft beneath my sock-covered feet as I make my way closer to the living room, ignoring the death glare Taehyung sends my way as I walk over to the front door so that I can put my Nike slides back on.

"We'll be back in a little while!" Jungkook calls to his brother before taking my hand again, practically running out of the house with me in tow. I barely have enough time to close the door behind me, Jungkook's pace hard to keep up with as he goes to my car in the long driveway.

"You're lucky I had my keys and wallet in my pocket" I tease as he waits for me to unlock it, him simply sticking his tongue out as he gets in.

"hurry up, noona. I'm hungry."