Eleven

"Why are we here?" I inquire tersely, my eyes narrowed in suspicion as I glare up at my parents' fancy mansion of a house.

"Why do you think, stupid?" Taehyung answers from the driver's seat, glaring at me through the rearview mirror. "This is your house."

"Don't fucking test me Kim Taehyung, you know fully well where I live. Why the fuck are we here?"

He rolls his eyes, "my mom told me that your parents wanted you to change for their fancy company dinner party thing here. Probably to keep you from showing up in something slutty."

His eyes leave mine in the mirror to gaze at my chest where it is more than obvious that I'm not wearing a bra thanks to the cold AC he insisted having on, his comment drawing my attention away from the fact that he is shamelessly staring at my tits.

"What dinner party? I never heard of this dinner party."

My phone ringing cuts off any answer I was going to get from him, a groan leaving my mouth as I look at the caller id and see that it's my mother. I turn towards the window as I answer it, aware of everyone's eyes on me as I do.

"I can see Taehyung's car in the driveway, Chloe. Why aren't you getting out?"

"Hello to you too, mother" I mumble under my breath as I roll my eyes, looking towards the front door and finding it open with my mom standing by it.

She looks perfect like always, her hair in a bun so tight that it looks painful even from here. Her makeup is put on in a way to disguise her real age, her business-casual dress ironed with no wrinkles in sight. I used to look up to her when I was little, all of my Barbies dressed like her with their hair immaculate. Now I detest any moment that I have to be in the same room as her, a sneer curling my lip as I turn away from her.

"Anyway" she continues, "hurry up and come inside. You have about three hours before the first guests start arriving."

"Yeah, about that. I don't think I feel good, mom. I think I'm gunna go home and get some rest."

I don't have to be looking at her to know that she has gone stiff, my eyes closing in defeat at the silence coming from the other line. I've lived with her long enough to know when a long, loud rant is going to begin, deciding to get the most important question I have out of the way before she starts.

"Is.....is he going to be there?" I breathe out hesitantly, looking straight ahead now. I can feel everyone's eyes on me as I chew on my bottom lip, jumping slightly when Namjoon puts a hand on my knee. His eyes hold concern when I glance over at him and I smile to reassure him that everything is ok even though I feel as if I can't breathe.

"Of course he's going to be there!" my mother all but yells, the volume of her shrill voice making me wince. "I swear, Chloe, you are exhausting! This is the last time I am going to tell you that you need to get whatever unreasonable fear you have of Mr. Kim under control or your father will beat it out of you. I don't care if you are no longer living under our roof, you will do as you're told if you want to continue living comfortably thanks to our money. Just wait until your father hears--"

"No!"

I hate how my voice trembles as my eyes widen, my pulse pounding loudly in my ears. I glance around the men in the car before clearing my throat, picking up my purse from the floor.

"I-I'll go mom, just please don't tell dad."

She hangs up with a sniff, my fingers gripping my phone tightly as I close my eyes as I let out a shuttering breath. I clear my throat before smiling shakily in Namjoon and Jimin's direction, Jin staring at me with wide eyes from his spot in the passenger's seat.

"Parents, am I right?" I question as normally as I can, my voice now a lot more stable than it was before. I am proud to say that it actually sounded convincing. I guess all the years of me faking smiles and normalcy has payed off because I already sound like my old self.

I wave to the guys in the car before getting out and shutting the door before anyone has a chance to question or talk to me, crossing my arms over my chest as I walk up the rest of the driveway to the house. I was barely able to get mom to not tell dad about me asking about Mr. Kim, there no doubt in my mind that she would snitch on me if she discovered my nipple piercings. I'm just glad that I have the excuse of being chilly to keep me safe, the wind cold as it whips past my face.

"Took you long enough" my mom says with a huff as I walk inside, her moving ahead of me as one of the butlers closes the door after us. "Hurry upstairs so the maids can get you ready. You can invite some of your friends if it will make you feel better, but I expect them to be dressed appropriately."

I hold in my sigh as her eyes rake over my form, her lip curling in distaste. I don't wait for any further instructions from her, simply nodding in understanding as I walk towards the giant winding staircase and start up it. I'm glad that she said that I could invite some of my friends along because there is no way I could survive a night like this all by myself.

As I step into my old room, two young women probably only a little older than me step forward and motion to the walk-in closet. Three light pink dresses are hanging in the front that I can choose from, a frown on my face as I randomly point at one of them. I don't like any of the styles but my mom would throw a fit if I go down those stairs in anything other than one of those three dresses she no doubt picked out for me, so I guess I'll have to deal with it.

I undress and slip it on, one of the two women zipping it up in the back for me and holding out a pair of sensible heels that match. I don't speak as I put them on and let the two females lead me over to the vanity so that they can do my hair and makeup, my thoughts running wild.

I haven't seen Mr. Kim since I started college, and I would have liked to keep it that way. If he's going to be at this party I'm just gunna have to do my best to ignore him because I would rather eat shit than have my father see me this stressed out. I take out my phone and send a quick text to both Jaebum and Cassi explaining what is going on, powering it off and closing my eyes when I finish.

I spend the next two hours sitting in the chair as I am pampered, going over all the possible scenarios of the party in my head. By the time I am all ready I still have the better part of an hour left until the party starts. The maids leave me and I thank them softly, my hands shaking ever so slightly as I study my reflection in the mirror.

It's definitely not what I'm used to, but it's only for tonight

It's definitely not what I'm used to, but it's only for tonight. I can't help but think about Taehyung and Jimin as I sit down on my old bed and fist the covers, remembering how Jungkook had said that it wouldn't be too long before we saw each other again. This must be the reason, Jimin also stating something about them dying their hair before-hand. At least I'll have something to take my mind off of what is to come later tonight.