Twenty-three

Everyone ended up drinking more than I thought we would.

Tina and Samuel are making out in the corner, their hands all over each other. They have an on-off relationship going, so I'm not too surprised about that.

Cassi is dancing to the music coming out of the TV speakers by herself, her eyes closed as she drunkly writhes to the sensual song. She is usually a really good dancer, but she gets a little disoriented when she drinks too much. I watch as she stumbles slightly before steadying herself, her going back to what she was doing as if nothing happened.

Jimin can drink an incredible amount of alcohol for having such a thin body, him keeping up with us shot for shot. He probably could have gone on for longer if he wasn't already so tired. He is asleep right now, his head resting in my lap as I sit on the floor in front of Jaebum.

"Are you ready for spring break?" I ask as he offers me the bottle we have been sipping on for the past couple hours now, accepting it and bringing it up to my mouth. I tip my head back and take a large gulp, swallowing the bitter liquid with some difficulty. I make a sound in the back of my throat as it burns on the way down, my lips puckering against my will.

"Hell yeah I am" he answers enthusiastically. "You still down to go to Samuel's family beach house?"

I reach beside me, careful not to move too much and disturb Jimin, grabbing one of the large bottles of soda they brought over. I drink some to wash away the horrid taste of the alcohol, swishing it around my mouth before nodding.

"Can Jimin come? I'm not sure what he has planned yet, but he might like it."

I look up and pause in my movements to put the lid back on the soda, my eyes taking in Jaebum as he studies me. I put the bottle down and cross my arms as he appears to look me over, my eyebrows creasing in confusion. His lips turn up in the corners as he smiles ever so slightly, him leaning back on his elbows before opening his mouth to speak.

"Damn, Chloe. If I didn't know any better, I would say that you actually like this guy."

His smile falls when I don't say anything, his eyes widening comically as he sits up straight all at once.

"Wait......do you?"

"I don't know" I breathe out quietly, looking anywhere but at him as he grins teasingly at me. "If you say anything stupid I'll knock your front teeth out."

He holds up his hands, "I wasn't gunna say anything. It's just weird that the Queen Bitch herself might actually be developing feelings."

I glare at him as he laughs, him bringing the liquor bottle back up to his mouth. I nibble on my lower lip as I look at him, slipping my fingers into Jimin's hair as he sleeps. I slide my fingers softly through his hair as I regard my friend with caution, not sure if I should talk about this. I know that I should, and the fact that I am on my way to being drunk means that I'm already filled with liquid courage. And Jaebum is the easiest to talk to about this sort of things, so I might as well do it while I can.

"I don't know what to do, JB" I admit quietly, his eyes flicking back to my face as I state this. "I haven't even tried opening myself up enough to have a relationship, let alone even think about getting into one since Mr. Kim. I don't necessarily want to have one, but....."

I look down at Jimin as he continues to sleep, his mouth hanging open as soft snores escape his full, pink lips. I can't seem to control myself, my fingers lightly brushing against his soft cheek as I gaze down at him. He's just so precious that it makes me want to squeal at times, but I'd rather die than do that in front of my friends.

"Jimin's different, isn't he?" Jaebum inquires, a knowing look on his face as his eyes lock onto the way I am tenderly touching his face. I pull my hand away and go back to running my fingers through his hair as I nod slightly, still not sure how to express myself clearly.

"It's like I become a different person when I'm with him. I love sleeping around, and I'm known for being a flirt, but he makes me want to stop all that. When I'm with him it just feels so right, and I can just hold him and everything will feel alright. I like spending time with him, and the fact that he is always so caught up with Kim Taehyung makes me want to scream."

I continue, "I never get jealous, Jaebum, but I hate seeing the way he looks at Taehyung. I'm......scared."

"What do you have to be afraid of?" he questions, scooting closer to me along the carpet until he is sitting on my other side. He rubs my arm comfortingly and I let out a breath, admittedly nervous. Saying all of this out loud is good for me, but I'm also afraid of what he will have to say about it.

"I'm scared to put my trust in someone again. I know that Jimin isn't like Mr. Kim, but I still have nightmares from that night all those years ago. I'm also scared of how much Taehyung means to him. If I let myself fully commit to what we have, I just don't want to get hurt if he turns his back on me for him."

"It's normal to have thoughts like that, Chloe" Jaebum says from beside me, making me turn to look at him. "I know that it's scary to try again after what happened to you before, but you're right. He's not Mr, Kim, and he won't do any of those God-awful things that that bastard did to you."

I nod and turn away just for him to use his finger to turn my head back towards him, his eyes serious as he looks into my own.

"Being with Jimin makes you happy, so you should do all that you can with him while it stays that way. And maybe he will leave you for Taehyung, but maybe he won't. You won't know until it actually happens, but until then, you should just enjoy your time with him. He's obviously worth the risk if you're still with him even after y'all already hooked up."

He's right; Jimin is worth it. I'm just not used to catching feelings at all, let alone as quickly as I already have. Yeah, that might have something to do with the fact that I've wanted the guy since high school, but it goes deeper than that. I haven't craved for a connection like this since my freshman year of high school, but I know that I like being with Jimin.

I like the way I can be myself when he is around, him seeming to pull out all of my best qualities. I have this weird urge to protect him from harm, whether it be from bullies or from himself. Not to mention he drives me absolutely crazy with lust. I want to make him feel more pleasure than he ever has in his entire life. I want him to feel safe with me in bed as well as out of it, and that's a frightening notion to me.

And I don't know how to react about him and Kim Taehyung. I don't like the guy, and I don't like how he has been treating Jimin as of late. Then there's also the whole thing with the tension surrounding the two of us. It's like we either hate each other or are attracted to each other, more likely a combination of both. I don't like the way my body reacts to his heated gaze, especially with Jimin now in the picture.

Jaebum is right though. I should worry about those things when they come up. I don't know if Jimin wants to keep whatever this is we have with each other closed or if he wants to see other people, but until he tells me I won't worry about any outside parties. I'll just focus on what the two of us have in this moment, and if he ends up wanting to try new things with new people I'll let him. I really am out of my comfort zone, but I'm willing to give this a try if it will make him happy.

"Help me get some blankets" I say as I remove Jimin's head from my lap and gently set it down, standing and helping Jaebum up as well. "Those two look like they are about to pass out, and I think Cassi needs to sit down before she falls over."