Forty-seven

They finished getting the water out of my apartment a couple of days ago, the movers I paid setting up my new bed the day after that. I was able to move back in last night, so that's where I am now as I go over what I know to be true about this marriage proposal in my head. I'm still not sure what to do, my head fuzzy from sleep as I take a shower. I have been thinking about what my parents told me for about a week now, and I still have no clue as to how I should handle this.

On one hand, there is no way in Hell I am getting married to that fuck-face Seokjung. He put me through too much pain as it is, just seeing his face enough to make me scared as well as livid with anger. On the other hand, what else am I supposed to do? When my parents tell me that I am going to do something, I end up doing it.

When I was four my mom hired someone to teach me how to swim. I was afraid of water at that time, so I refused to get in it even with a life jacket on. The trainer she hired tried to get me into the water for an hour straight, only succeeding in getting me to sit on the edge of the pool and dip my feet in. When my mother came outside to see how far I had gotten she had been enraged, sending the trainer home for the day. She then proceeded to push me in and then fish me back out just to throw me back in again, continuing this for an hour every day until I was able to swim on my own. That was just when I was four, and I have no doubt in my mind that they would do something similar if I were to refuse this proposal.

It's not like I could find someone else to marry. My mom said that they would have to approve of them, and there is no one else that I know of that would benefit them more than Seokjung does. The next best choice would be Jin, his younger brother, but he is only going to be able to inherit his family's company if Seokjung dies. Taehyung's family isn't rich enough, and they already saw me with Jimin and didn't deem him worthy enough. Namjoon is high up there, but he already told me that he doesn't intend to take over his parents' business, which rules him out as well.

I could run away, or tell them to disinherit me, but my father would never allow that. I ran away the night after I told them about what Seokjung did to me when I was younger. After I had told him, my father had given me the biggest beating he ever had, saying that I should be ashamed of myself for throwing my body around like I did. He was convinced I coerced Seokjung into doing it just so that I could rat him out, his harsh words and the wounds he inflicted on me causing me to try and run away. It only took two days for the man he hired to find me. My dad may not like me, but I'm the only child he has. He would do anything to make sure his legacy is passed down.

I dry off after I finish with my shower and go about brushing my teeth and washing my face, heading over to my makeup station after. I haven't really been doing my makeup the way I usually do it, and I don't feel like putting any on this morning either. This whole thing is just stressing me out so much, me deciding to simply brush my hair out put some flavored lipgloss on before walking over to my closet.

I quickly slip on a bra and matching pair of underwear before putting some high-waisted shorts on, a yellow, black, and white striped crop top going over my head. It is getting warmer now that it is getting closer to our finals, summer just around the corner. White ankle socks go on my feet while my yellow converse go on after them, my phone going off with a notification just as I finish lacing them up. I walk over to my bedside table and pick it up, immediately smiling when I see who messaged me and what they want.

From: My Babyboy💋

Do you want some of my pancakes, noona? I think I ordered too many

I can't help but smile as I take a look at the picture he attached, taking in his pouty lips and forlorn expression. A plate of pancakes is sitting on the table behind him, about half of them eaten while the rest are untouched. I quickly text him to tell me where he is and he responds within a couple of seconds, complaining about how loud it is and how lame he looks sitting by himself. I chuckle as I grab the rest of my stuff and turn off all the lights, exiting my apartment and locking the door behind me.

The morning sun feels nice as it shines down on me on my way to my car, my mood improving drastically from before. This is just what I need right now, Jimin providing me with a distraction from what's currently going on in my life. I have found that it's easier for me to just focus on him when we hang out, but I do want to tell him about what my parents want me to do. I've been putting it off because I still have no clue what to do, but it would be nice to be able to actually talk to someone about it.

It doesn't take long for me to make it to the little diner that Jimin said he was at, the parking lot rather full for a Tuesday morning. I pull into a spot beside a big truck and get out, pulling on the hems of my shorts to make sure they go back in the right place. The smell of eggs and bacon fills my nose and I take a deep breath in as I enter the diner and look around, spotting a grinning Jimin waving at me from across the room.

"Chloe?"

I pause in my forward movement and glance beside me, my eyebrows creasing in confusion. That expression is replaced by pleasant surprise when I spot both Hoseok and Yoongi sitting in a booth by the front window, them next to each other while the seats across from them lay empty.

"Hey!" I grin as I walk over to them, accepting the hugs they both give me. "I haven't seen you guys in a while."

"I know" Hoseok whines. "I've been meaning to text you, but I've been so busy lately."

I look over at Yoongi for an explanation and he raises his hands in a placating motion, his lips quirked up in a slight smirk. "Don't look at me. I don't even have your number."

I roll my eyes as he laughs, grumbling under my breath about how he is best friends with Hoseok so he could have just asked him for it. I don't want to keep Jimin waiting for very long, but I do have one question that I am dying to know the answer to.

"Why are you guys sitting next to each other in a booth when you could have just gotten a two-person table?"

Hoseok starts laughing while Yoongi groans, my eyebrows raising as I take in their drastically different reactions. Hoseok looks like he's having the time of his life whereas Yoongi just looks like he wants to kill himself, his eyes void of any emotion as he turns back to look at me.

"One of Hoseok's friends is pretending to date him to get her bitchy cousin off her back. They had this great idea that the three of them would go get breakfast together, and this idiot decided to trick me into coming with him. Now I have to sit here and pretend to be interested as some chick I don't even know gushes to me about the latest fashion trends that I care nothing about."

"That's tough" I say as I try and keep my smile in check, it not helping that Hoseok is dying of laughter beside him. I chuckle to myself before glancing back over my shoulder at Jimin, discovering him to be frowning as he looks down at his phone. I take that to mean that I've been over here too long, turning back to the guys. "I'm gunna leave you guys to it, but it was nice seeing you again. I expect a text from my drinking buddy soon."

"Yes ma'am" Hoseok salutes while Yoongi rolls his eyes, both of them waving to me as I turn and walk away.