Twenty-nine

"Yah! Jungkook!"

I sigh when he ignores me, running ahead of me and into the shop. I get that he's seventeen and all, but he's acting as if he hasn't had any food in years. I know for a fact that isn't true since for one, he's still alive, and two, his parents pay for a chef to come over during the day and cook for them whenever they'd like.

I lock my car with my key fob and follow the spirited young man into the restaurant, a bell ringing above me as I open the door. I roll my eyes when Jungkook waves me over from his spot in the line, waking over to him as he goes back to looking at the menu.

"You're gunna trip and eat shit one of these days" I chide as he continues to ignore me, him stepping up to the front counter as he keeps his eyes on the menu above him.

"I would like two Bulgogi MVP toasts, two double cheese potato toasts, three deep cheese bacon potato toasts, two roast chicken toasts, and three bacon potato pizza toasts all to go."

"What the actual fuck?" I hiss under my breath as I nudge him, my eyes wide after hearing his excessive order.

"What?" he asks with a furrowed brow. "Tae said that his friends were coming over, so I figured we could get some for them too. I usually eat one toast but Jimin can eat three when he's really hungry, so I just wanted to make sure we had enough."

I grumble under my breath about Taehyung using his own money to buy his friends food, but I don't really mind. I agreed to pay for Jungkook's meal for information, and he definitely delivered on that. I obviously don't mind buying Jimin food, and Namjoon is my friend as well. Jin seems nice and I heard him telling Taehyung off when he insulted me the last time they were over, the only person I don't want to buy food for being Taehyung himself. I'll suck it up since he has to put up with me living in his house for a week, handing over my card to the cute female cashier who looks to be around Jungkook's age.

I order Jungkook and I each a watermelon juice for while we wait, noticing how Jungkook refuses to look the cashier in the eye when she hands it to him. I smirk as I get a buzzer so that we know when our order is ready, following behind Jungkook as he finds us a place to sit and wait at. We end up sitting in silence for about ten minutes, both of us on our phones as we enjoy our beverages. I glance up and see Jungkook staring over at the girl from earlier, another smirk pulling up the corners of my lips as I observe him.

"So......." I trail off as I take another sip of my juice, the sweet flavors of the cold drink making me hum in appreciation. "Are you gunna ask that girl for her number, or what?"

"And don't say you don't know who I'm talking about" I cut him off as he opens his mouth, the blush I have become accustomed to reappearing on his cheeks. He glances back over at the girl and bites his lip, hesitation in his eyes. I remember being like that when I was younger, my eyes rolling yet again as the buzzer vibrates in my hand.

"Here" I say as I hand it to him. "Get our food and ask for her number. I won't drive you back to the house if you don't do it."

"But noona" he whines cutely, standing as he looks between me and where the girl he's crushing on is busy putting all of our sandwiches into a large plastic bag.

I cross my arms, "quit being a little bitch and make a move, Kook."

He gulps but starts walking over there, my simper returning as I follow behind him at a distance. I hang back while he gathers up his courage and goes over to collect the bag, a smile appearing on the girl's face as she looks up at him. I could tell from the way she was gazing at him while he ordered for us that she was interested, my smirk widening into a grin when she laughs at something he said and takes her phone out. I wait until he has put his number into her cellular device before walking past him with a snicker, unlocking my car door as I hold the restaurant door open for him.