Twenty-seven

A/N: I'm skipping to after spring break because I'm lazy and don't wanna write a whole bunch of filler chapters since I only like the ones Jimin and/or Taehyung are in so.....yeah. Deal with it lol

"Bye! Don't miss me too much!"

"Bitch! I'll literally see you on Monday!" I shout back, shaking my head with a chuckle when Cassi roars with laughter and Samuel's car drives off. Spring break without Jimin was fun, but I'm glad to be back home. Ew, I'm starting to sound like one of those lovestruck girlfriends who only have fun when they are with their significant other. I shake my head again and carry my suitcase into the apartment building and over to the elevator, it not taking long for me to reach my floor and walk over to my room.

I unlock my door before stooping down and picking up my packages, rolling my eyes and tutting at the delivery guy's rookie mistake. Just because I live in a nice apartment complex doesn't mean that there aren't pricks who steal their neighbor's mail. I'm just glad that they were still here when I got back because if I had to buy my toys all over again I would have been incredibly miffed.

I tuck the parcels under my arm and open the door, dragging my suitcase behind me before shutting it again. I take a deep breath and smile as I drop my things where they are and take my shoes off, leaving everything there as I make my way over to my room so that I can change. Something makes me stop though, my attention straying to the floor as something wet hits my toes.

I look at the area where the tile from my kitchen meets the carpet leading to the bedroom, finding there to be water coming from the carpet and spilling onto the hard floor. I make a face of disgust as I go on my tiptoes and make my way over to my room, the carpet cold and soggy beneath my feet.

"Holy........." I trail off as I open the door and look up, my eyes widening and my mouth dropping open in shock.

A steady stream of water is coming out of the ceiling at a slow trickle directly above my bed, the covers and pillows completely soaked through. The entire carpet in my room is soggy and damp, my footsteps sounding with a loud 'squish' as I make my way towards the connected bathroom. The tile floor within is covered in a layer of water that is about two inches deep, my closet not in much better shape. I'm just glad that I keep all of my shoes on a shoe rack that is about a foot off the ground, my expensive heels and boots safe for now.

Colorful curse words leave my mouth as I take out my phone and dial the landlord, the call only lasting a few minutes. Apparently the people who live above me were messing around with their bathtub and caused a large flood in their apartment. They didn't call it in in fear that they would have to pay extra for the damage, and the ceiling's foundation was compromised. Luckily for me, people are coming over tonight to fix the leak and get rid of the water, but I will have to stay somewhere else for about a week.

I dial up my mother and put it on speaker as I grab another suitcase from the top storage area in my closet, balancing it on a low bookshelf as I start putting clothes and shoes into it.

"Hello? Chloe?"

"Yes--hi mom!" I yell from my bathroom as I put some more toiletries into it, moving closer to where my phone is sitting. "I need your help."

"What's going on?" she asks with genuine concern in her voice, her tone making me pause in my packing for a second. My mom never shows any emotions other than anger or annoyance, the fact that she seems to be scared for my well-being a little odd. Now that I'm thinking about it, it's probably due to the fact that I never call her. She is always the one to call me when she needs something, the fact that I need something from her now most likely making her anxious.

"Nothing too bad" I reassure quickly, stuffing another pair of shorts into the suitcase before closing it. "The people above me flooded their place and it effected mine as well. I need to stay somewhere else for a week, so I was wondering if you could contact the Parks for me."

There is no way I am staying with her and dad, and none of my friends have enough space for me to stay for a whole week. Jimin's is the only other place I can think of that I would willingly stay at, but I know that it will be hard to get his parents to say yes. His mom doesn't seem to listen to a word he says, so maybe my mom can can talk some sense into her.

My hopes are dashed when she hums dismissively, it clear that she isn't about to do me any favors. I was hoping that her previous concern would pull through in my favor, but it looks like I was wrong.

"Mrs. Park would never agree to that. She doesn't even let her poor son's best friend go over to the house, so there's no way she would ever say yes to you. I'll text Taehyung's parents instead! I'm sure they would let you stay over there."

My eyes widen, "w-wait, no thanks. I don't think--"

"No need to thank me, love. I've got to go though, bye!"

The line goes dead and I hang my head in defeat, clenching my phone so tightly in my hand that it starts to hurt. I should have known that something like that would happen. I'm not sure when she started hanging out with Mrs. Kim, but it looks like they are super close now. I have no doubt in my mind that the Kims will say yes to me staying with them, but I didn't want it to come to this.

I pick up my suitcase and cast another forlorn glance around my room, shutting off the light and closing the door behind me as I make my way back towards the front door. I wipe my feet off on the small rug by the entrance to get the water off and make the last minute decision to put my new purchases in my suitcase. People have to come in to fix my room, and I will also be paying for someone to replace my soaked bed. There is no way I'm leaving these here for someone to break or mess with, my mind made up as I leave the suitcase I brought with me to the beach house in the, thankfully, dry living room.

I go back the way I came after I put my shoes back on, sending a harsh glare to the ceiling as I cuss out my upstairs neighbors. This is fucking stupid, and I just know that Taehyung is going to kill me when he is informed about my temporary living arrangements.