Twenty

I've checked every single one of his classes, and he wasn't in any of them. I personally searched every men's restroom on campus, to the horror of several guys, but I haven't been able to find Jimin anywhere. If he isn't in the secret hallway that I showed him, that must mean that he went home.

I walk by one of my professors and nod respectfully, my smile dropping as soon as they pass me. I make sure that they turn the corner before slipping through the entrance to the hallway and look around, immediately relaxing when I see the top of Jimin's head as it rests on his bent knees.

"Jimin?" I call out questioningly, taking slow steps towards where he is sitting. He sniffles and I feel horrible for being the cause of his tears, silently vowing to myself that I will never be the reason that he cries ever again.

"Is what she said true?" he asks softly, his voice muffled since he is speaking towards the floor. "Did you really only sleep with me for a bet?"

"No" I answer before sitting down next to him, staying far enough away that he doesn't feel crowded but close enough to let him know that I'm there. "Please let me explain."

He lifts his head and turns to look at me, tear tracks running down his cheeks. His nose is red and his eyes are puffy from crying, a pout on his lips as he waits for what it is that I have to say.

"I told you before that I don't usually give second chances, and I meant it. Something happened when I was younger that really messed me up, so I made myself some rules that I have to follow when it comes to men.

"I wasn't planing on giving you a second chance, Jimin" I admit honestly, turning away from him and staring across at the far wall. "I've literally wanted you since high school, and when you kissed me that one day I thought I was finally getting somewhere. Then Kim Taeshit had to come along and ruin everything--"

"Sorry" I cut myself off when I realize that I used my rude nickname for him in front of his best friend, continuing when he says that my slip up was ok.

"Anyway, I didn't expect it to hurt that much when you blew me off for him. No, it wasn't that big of a deal, but I usually don't feel anything when something like that happens and it scared me. I didn't want to get myself in too deep just for you to ignore me for that asshole, so I was going to let the fantasy of getting with you go.

"Yes, I bet Sandra that I could get you to sleep with me, but that was only an excuse for me to break the rule that I had put in place. I wanted to see one last time if you would actually give me a chance or if I was just destined to always be second-best to Taehyung when it came to you."

"I'm sorry, noona" he says softly, sniffling again and making me turn to look at him. His eyes are rimmed with red as a few tears slide down his cheeks, my own eyes widening in shock as I cup his face. "I-I should have told you how I f-felt."

"No, baby, you don't have to apologize for anything. I was an asshole. and made a bet regarding your sexuality. I made you cry, and I understand if you don't want to talk to me anymore."

I use my thumbs to wipe away the tears that are falling, a frown on my face as I witness his miniature breakdown. He shakes his head and I feel a little hopeful, him swallowing before opening his trembling lips to speak.

"I'm sorry I cried. I'm just really insecure, and when I heard that I was just a bet I didn't know what to do. I though that you were going to ignore me like Taehyung did after we......you know. I didn't want it to happen again so I left."

"I would never do that to you" I say as firmly as I can, making sure to maintain eye contact so he knows how seriously I am taking this. "I'm willing to go out of my comfort zone for you, hun. I don't do the whole boyfriend/girlfriend thing, but I will if that's what it takes to make you see how serious I am about this."