Forty-one

The house is filled with the sounds of people talking and laughing, butlers dressed in their nicest uniforms and walking around with drinks and hors d'oeuvres on silver trays. I can't help but feel bored as I wait for Jimin to come back, a flute of champagne in my hand.

Jimin and I have stuck together for the last hour of us being down here, but we had known that it was too good to last. Mrs. Park had found him and bitched for ten minutes straight about how rude it was that he wasn't by the front door with them greeting everyone that showed up, her ending the lecture by grabbing his arm and pulling him after her in the direction of his father. I hadn't been able to do anything but watch as he was sandwiched between his parents, a slight pout on his full lips.

I have been standing in the same spot for about twenty minutes now, my phone in my free hand as I scroll through my social media. If my parents saw me doing this they would literally beat me until I couldn't move the next day, so I'm glad they haven't shown up yet. My mom is all about being fashionably late so that all of the attention is on her, it giving me some more time to myself before I am forced into having a conversation with them.

"Hey."

"Hey" I reply automatically before I shut my phone off and look up, rather surprised that someone actually came up to talk to me. I do not recognize the man standing in front of me, my lips spreading into a polite smile as I try and think of ways that I can get out of this conversation.

"I saw you over here and couldn't help but wonder what a beautiful young lady such as yourself was doing all alone" he says with a smirk, moving a little closer to me as his eyes trail over my body. I keep from rolling my eyes, but only barely, offering up another smile as I glance around the room for anyone I might know.

"Thanks for the compliment, but I was actually just waiting for someone."

One of his eyebrows raises as he looks around us, it giving me the chance I need to roll my eyes in irritation. I hate being talked to at parties like this because everyone knows who my parents are. If I blow someone off, they could go tell them and I would have to suffer for it. I just hope he goes away soon so that I can go back to not giving a shit about anyone here.

"Really?" he asks with a cocky tilt of his head, his dark eyes seemingly mocking me from where he stands. "And who might this guy be? I haven't seen anyone around you for quite some time."

"Give it a break, man. She has a boyfriend" a deep voice cuts into the conversation, making the stranger and I both turn to see who just spoke. I think this is the first time that I have actually been happy to see Kim Taehyung, relief rushing in when the stranger puts both of his hands up in mock-surrender and starts walking away.

"Thanks for that" I say, turning towards Taehyung as he stands in front of me with both of his hands in his pockets. "I don't know how much longer I could have gone before something rude slipped out."

He shrugs and glances away, it giving me the chance to look him over. Taehyung always seems to have the ability to look good in whatever he wears, tonight not an exception. His olive green slacks are loose on his legs, a white dress shirt tucked into the waistband. The shirt has a pattern of a tree on it with its leaves being the same color of his pants, brown branches and light pink flowers adding splashes of color. His hair is hanging down in slight curls on top of his forehead, it giving him a more mature look. His eyes move to the side and I hurriedly look away, cussing under my breath when he smirks.

"So....." I clear my throat as I look around the room, not entirely sure why he is talking to me in the first place. "Why are you here? No offense, but don't you hate me?"

I turn my head back towards him and see that he is actually considering the question, his uniquely-shaped lips puckered slightly. "I still hate you, but something has come to my attention that I wanted to talk to you about."

My eyes widen as he grabs onto my arm, his fingers warm as they wrap loosely around my bicep. I'm too shocked to protest when he moves the two of us so that we are closer to the wall, less people around us now than before. I gulp nervously as he turns his body so that his shoulder is leaned up against the wall I am standing in front of, his body turned towards me as his sharp eyes seem to search my soul.

"I know that you saw me watching that morning in the kitchen" he bluntly states, his expression blank as he crosses his arms over his wide chest. I glance away from him as I bring my drink up to my lips and finish it in one go, trying to think of what to say. He doesn't seem to want to wait for my answer though, him opening his mouth to speak before I even have the chance to come up with a reply.

"Don't try and deny it or say that you didn't enjoy me watching you because I know you did. It has me wondering about what your and Jimin's relationship really is, because someone dating someone else exclusively wouldn't have reacted the way you did when you saw me standing there."

I look around the two of us before my eyes lock on the figures of two people who just entered the room. I watch Mr. and Mrs. Park as they bow to my parents and start talking about something, placing my empty glass down on the table next to me.

"Can we talk somewhere else?" I whisper before grabbing onto his wrist, not even bothering to wait for him to answer me. He seems to catch on though, him looking over his should and spotting my parents as they start to make their way further into the house.

I keep my smile in place as we move through the growing crowd of people, eventually dropping Taehyung's wrist so that we don't draw too much attention to ourselves. I kind of feel bad for leaving Jimin behind, but he is caught up greeting guests anyways. I'll make this talk go quickly so that I can head back over, him hopefully relieved from his duties by then.

"Try and keep up, will you?" I complain when I look behind me and find Taehyung taking his time. His smirk widens and I narrow my eyes at the cocksure look on his face before continuing on my way, my flats slapping noisily against the tile of the floor.

No one is over in this part of the house, which I recognize to be near Jimin's room, my eyes looking around me for any signs of people before I turn down the hallway leading to the large bathroom on this floor. The sharp corner shields us from anyone that might decide to go down this way, the bathroom the only room in this hallway to begin with.

I let out a deep breath before closing my eyes as I wait for Taehyung to make his way over to me, trying to figure out what to tell him. The truth, I guess. I'm a relatively open person as it is, and it's not like he couldn't just go to Jimin and ask him the same thing. The easiest, and fastest, thing to do would be to just tell him about Jimin and I's relationship.

"Taehyu--?"

My question is cut off as I turn around and see that he was standing directly behind me, his chest almost touching mine now that I have turned to face him. That's not what made me stop talking though. What made me stop talking was the fact that as soon as I turned around he had tilted his head down and connected our lips, his tongue sliding into my mouth as my eyes widened in shock.