Seventy-six

(A/N): I'm sorry for my absence! I've been extremely busy with work, and it doesn't help that Wattpad deleted all of my drafts so I've had to rewrite a lot of them 😭. This is just a short update while I try and remember what I wrote before...

"Can you pull over?"

I swallow nervously, "right here?"

His answering nod is all it takes for my stomach to turn to cement, my hand leaving his cheek as I put on my turn signal and pull off to the side. The neighborhood we were driving through seems quiet at this time, it still a little too early in the morning for many people to be out and about. My hands fumble with my seatbelt as I turn the car off and get out after Jimin, my heart beating frantically in my chest.

"Where are you..." I trail off, my feet not allowing me to move as I watch him.

Instead of walking away from me, like I had thought he was going to, he comes straight for me, his arms wrapping around my waist as his tear-stained cheek presses against my own. My arms are around him before my brain has caught up with the events that just occurred, one of my hands cradling his head as my fingers lace through the silky strands of his hair.

"I'm sorry, noona" he hiccups, his slight body trembling as he struggles to breathe due to his tears. All this does is succeed in making me feel like a piece of shit for making him cry yet again, my own eyes watering traitorously as he buries his face into the crook of my neck.

I want to comfort him, it as if the right words to do so are on the tip of my tongue, but I seem to be frozen. I have never been one who was able to comfort someone if they are crying. It's like a switch in my brain flips off as soon as the first tears start to fall, all of my confidence disappearing until all that is left is this instinct to run away. All I can do is hold him, the hand that isn't caressing his hair slowly rubbing circles onto his back.

No other cars pass us as we continue to stand in silence. My mind wanders as I rest my head against his and breathe in the fresh air around us, the wind rustling our clothes and hair along with the leaves of the cherry blossom tree we happen to be standing under. The tree's flowers have long since bloomed and fallen to the ground, some of the shriveled petals still at its base, and the small, green buds that are currently sitting on its many branches signaling a new beginning.

This doesn't feel like a new beginning between Jimin and I, the thought swirling around in my head even after he has calmed down enough for me to get back on the road. Despite his repetitive apologizing and promises of a fresh start in his behavior, I don't think it is. This is just a small hurdle in what I have come to understand is our version of a relationship. There's no doubt there will be more to come, but for now, we can just focus on getting over this one. Lord knows I've grown way too fond of this man to let him go over something as trivial as this.