Chapter 6 - Tom's Harriet

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

After the Weasleys' flying car landed back at the Burrow, Ron, Harriet, and Tom stepped out.

Determined to show chivalry to his darling, Tom insisted on helping Ron bring Harriet's luggage into the house.

After Harriet's things had been safely placed inside, she walked back to the flying car with Tom to bid him goodbye.

Ron ignorantly followed them.

"Thanks again." Harriet nodded at Tom with a smile, "You don't know how happy I am to be out of there! I can even let Hedwig fly tomorrow!"

"As long as you're happy, Harriet Potter...,.." Tom said with a bitter grin as he gazed at Harriet, "......Then I am as well."

While Tom and Harriet stared at each other, an awkward moment of uncertainty passed between them.

He considered extending a hand for her to shake until Harriet laughed and reached forward to embrace him again.

Tom closed his eyes for a moment in sheer delight.

Once their brief exchange ended, Harriet turned and walked into the Burrow to escape the cool breeze that blew from the nearby lake.

After she had gone, Tom turned to Ron and nodded, "Weasley..........give your father my thanks for his assistance."

"Um........sure." Ron nodded.

Tom stretched out a hand.

Ron blinked as he hesitantly took it.

Tom jerked Ron towards him before he whispered into his ear, "Remember, Weasley.......Harriet Potter is mine......if you touch her or think of her in any way that challenges that, I will find out......I would implore you to keep in mind that I do know where you and your family lives."

Ron's pale face was a mask of wordless terror as Tom pushed him back with one smooth motion as he ended their handshake and glared at Harriet's best friend.

Tom turned his back on Ron, walked over, and climbed into the flying car to let Fred and George take him home.

Ron stared into the night as the enchanted vehicle rose into the air and soared through the sky.

He felt too frightened to do anything else.

—————————————————————-

Harriet and Tom were both at peace for the rest of the summer after she had been successfully rescued from her prison at the Dursleys' home.

Molly and Arthur had prepared themselves to answer questions from the authorities once Harriet's family reported her abduction, but whether from not being able to find her or a total lack of concern, no one ever visited the Burrow to inquire about Harriet.

She gladly spent the rest of the summer playing with the Weasley children, accepting Molly and Arthur as her adopted parents, and writing letters to Tom.

Tom Riddle became a much happier boy as soon as he began receiving replies to all of the mail that he sent his darling.

Tom and Harriet kept the magical postal service busy.

For the rest of the summer, they wrote to each other every day.

—————————————————————

Tom Riddle used his second year at Hogwarts as a time of preparation.

After a season of planning and reflection, he sought to groom himself into the man that he one day dreamed of becoming.