Chapter 32 - Tom's Birthday

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

New Year's Eve brought with it a thrilling fervor of excitement for the Riddle household.

The day was intended to be a mutual celebration of Tom junior's eighteenth birthday and his wedding to Harriet, an event he and his parents had painstakingly planned.

Some of the invited guests had arrived the prior evening, upon which they had been promptly shown to their prepared rooms.

Tom junior detested having to part from his darling for that single night.

Harriet gave a sweet kiss before they retired to their respective bedchambers, but Tom barely slept at all.

Instead, he rolled around on his sumptuous mattress with a harsh scowl on his handsome face.

His bed was cold and his arms were empty.

As he turned onto his back, he frowned at the ceiling while a frustrated sigh escaped his lips.

How was he supposed to rest without his beloved in his arms?

Down the hallway, Harriet slept peacefully with a soft expression on her fair face.

She certainly missed her alpha, but the life she carried would not allow her to resist drowsiness merely from the aching of a pining heart.

—————————————————————-

Early the next morning, Riddle Manor teemed with activity.

Item after item was put into place for the event while decorations were hung in the ballroom.

Caterers scurried to and fro preparing food.

Guests wandered the hallways and continued to arrive every few minutes, much to Lawrence's dismay.

His handsome, wealthy master had always been a surprisingly unpopular man.

The elderly butler was not accustomed to the hustle and bustle that Tom junior's wedding had elicited.

Upstairs, an hour before the ceremony began, Harriet stood in front of a floor length mirror while Merope and Hermione helped her prepare for her walk down the aisle.

Merope combed her hair and placed one small, pearl pin after another in her carefully arranged dark tresses.

Hermione tied the many ribbons intertwined with the lacing down the back of Harriet's gown.

She gasped at one point and placed her hand over her chest, "Ah! Hermione, not so tight!"

"Sorry....." Hermione frowned quickly as she loosened her grip, "I don't want it to fall off. I didn't hurt your belly, did I?"

"The breasts are more tender than the belly at this point, my dear." Merope chimed in before all three women shared a laugh.

"I just had a fitting last week." Harriet breathed as she kept her hand held to her chest.

"A week for an expectant mother can mean several changes." Merope wisely nodded as she smiled, stepped back, and declared, "There we are, all done!"

Hermione fastened the last knot before she moved aside to let Harriet admire her reflection in the mirror.

"You look so lovely, my dear." Merope told her soon-to-be daughter-in-law with a bittersweet smile.

"Absolutely beautiful, Harriet!" Hermione nodded.