Chapter 30 - The Mirror

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

October quickly melted into November.

Before Harriet or Tom noticed, the first half of their seventh year threatened to conclude.

The crisp autumn air had made the Chamber of Secrets cooler than usual, but Tom had been careful to keep his expectant lover warm with a few well-placed, enchanted heat lamps in their room and a continual, temperature control spell that he cast every night before they slept.

Harriet and the baby continued to do well, though her belly had remained flat.

Her friends helped where they could, but Tom remained her primary means of support.

Just after dawn one day, as Harriet slowly opened her eyes, she smiled as she saw Tom gazing down at her.

"Good morning....." Harriet murmured sleepily.

"Good morning, sweetling." Tom whispered as he finished rousing himself from his own rest, having woken mere moments before her, "How are you and our little one today?"

"Tired." Harriet said as she yawned and rolled onto her back to stretch.

"Sweetling......" Tom instantly cautioned, his voice tight with worry.

"Calm down, Tom.....It won't cause any harm for me to lie on my back for a moment." Harriet said as she yawned again, "I've got to stretch, haven't I?"

While Harriet enjoyed her languid movement, Tom frowned as he reached a hand out to rest his palm on Harriet's flat abdomen, which had become his favourite place to touch her.

As his arm moved under the covers, his dark eyes widened when his hand connected with something incredible.

Harriet blink as she felt her lover's fingertips touch her prematurely as Tom's hand settled against something round and firm.....something that was.....part of her.

They glanced at each other in shock for a tense second before Harriet sat up as Tom slung the covers aside.

Harriet's breath hitched.

Tom let an audible gasp escape his throat.

Together, he and Harriet stared down at the marvelous little mound her belly had become overnight, visible even through her nightdress.

Before Harriet could move, Tom reached out and pried the hem of her garment up to marvel at her rounded tummy with wonder in his dark eyes.

"Oh, Tom......" Harriet breathed as Tom protectively covered the small swell with his large, elegant hands.

There was a look in his dark eyes as he glanced up to meet her gaze that Harriet couldn't quite explain.

Was it only love she saw there?

What was that ferociousness, then?

......A desire to protect?

.....Pride?

.....Fascination?

"I love you!" Harriet laughed quietly as she raised her hands and began to gently run her fingers through the curls of Tom's dark hair.

Worldlessly, his gaze fell from her face to her belly once more as he bent down and pressed a slow, deliberate kiss to the center of her abdomen.

Harriet felt joy explode in her heart as Tom closed his eyes and gave her growing womb another delicate show of his affection.