Chapter 12 - The Chamber of Secrets

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Tom returned to Hogwarts for his fourth year of magical education looking more like a man and less like a young boy.

His smooth voice had deepened over the summer, his shoulders had broadened, and he had grown taller, although he had never been considered short for his age.

His dark eyes held a new, intriguing depth, complimented by the silky curls that fell attractively around his temples to frame his handsome face.

Harriet had experienced some changes as well.

As they sat together during the free period of their first day back at the castle, she blushed slightly when she caught Tom's gaze flickering over the outline of the new curves he could see through her uniform.

"It's impolite to stare, you know." Harriet chided as his eyes focused on the beguiling silhouette of her hips as she sat with her legs folded.

"Forgive me, sweetling." Tom replied with a charming smile as he raised his eyes to meet Harriet's, "I doubt that I can stop myself from admiring you......If you could be less beautiful, then perhaps I would be less tempted?"

Harriet laughed at her lover's sly ability to turn his misbehavior into a compliment.

Although they were surrounded by their peers who went about their own business, chatting and catching up, Tom leaned in and stole a quick kiss from Harriet's lips.

Many of the other students clearly saw Tom and Harriet's display of affection, but no eyebrows raised in response.

By then, all of Hogwarts had become well aware that Tom Riddle and Harriet Potter loved each other.

—————————————————————

Tom threw himself into his pursuits as he began a desperate race against time.

He had presented as an alpha.

Harriet would surely find out her own identity soon.

Regardless, he knew he only had a meager three years before he would graduate and begin his adult life.

Tom had grand dreams of who and what he wanted to be.

His job at the apothecary helped his mother with expenses and allowed him to host Harriet at their flat during holidays, but Tom Riddle's ambitions went far beyond living the rest of his life as a humble store clerk.

He focused large amounts of his energy on charming his fellow students to cultivate friendships with the children whose parents were high-ranking witches and wizards in magical society.

Tom wisely decided that the more connections he made, the easier his rise to power would become.

He studied extensively and remained at the very top of his class in academic achievements.

Privately, Tom continued to learn about the forbidden subject of the Dark Arts.

It became important to him that people viewed him as a capable wizard, not a villain. He had come to realize that villians were often slow to achieve and sustain mass popularity.

One afternoon, Tom and Harriet enjoyed one of their many dates in The Three Broomsticks as they chatted over Butterbeers.

"Draco mentioned that Lucius Malfoy may be able to secure an internship for me at the Ministry this summer." Tom bragged to Harriet with an arrogant grin.