Chapter 11 - Harriet's Dilemma

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

News of the events that had transpired at Tom Riddle's home during the winter recess quickly circled Hogwarts.

Some hailed Tom as a hero, others saw him as impressively courageous, but no one except Harriet knew about Asherah or his talent as a Parselmouth.

A portion of the fear Tom Riddle had inspired amongst his peers turned to admiration when it became widely known and accepted that he had saved Harriet Potter's life, although his deeds didn't make him any less impressive to his Slytherin housemates.

Whenever Tom was not with Harriet, Draco Malfoy, Blaise Zabini, Pansy Parkinson, and other notable members from the house of cunning eagerly attempted to gain his favor.

Tom Riddle earned quite a bit of respect for bravely rescuing his darling and yet, respect was not enough for him.

From his desire to learn subject matter beyond his academic year to the hungry way he gorged himself on Harriet's kisses during their private moments, Tom Riddle was not only a selfish young wizard........he was also exceptionally greedy.

—————————————————————-

Harriet's best friends heard all of the rumors, regardless of their validity, that the inhabitants of the castle murmured.

Hermione and Ron sat with her on the sofa in the abandoned Gryffindor common room late one evening as they all chatted by the fireplace.

"Is it......is it true, Harriet?" Hermione asked with a frown.

"Is what true, Hermione?" Harriet smiled.

She knew that her friend asked about her progressing relationship with Tom.

Harriet had continued to receive enchanted roses from her love each month, her visit to his home hadn't changed that.

Ron wore a very serious expression as he hesitantly asked, "....Do you think you'll be a Mum soon?"

Harriet furrowed her brow as she blinked at Ron and replied in confusion, "..........What?"

"I heard some of the other girls whispering that you.....well, that you shared his bed." Hermione said with a shrug.

"I did." Harriet answered innocently.

Ron and Hermione exchanged glances while they gasped in shock.

Realization dawned on Harriet as her green eyes widened behind her glasses.

She quickly raised a hand and exclaimed, "No!.....No! Not in that way! I felt ill and Tom looked after me! I was only there for a moment or two, then you know......that man came and everything happened....I don't think either of us had any proper sleep that night, we were too upset......But we did go to our separate rooms!"

"Oh." Ron nodded.

Harriet glanced between her two best friends as she chuckled in exasperation, "You two have to believe me!"

"Of course we believe you, Harriet." Hermione nodded.

"It's getting late." Ron said as he stood to his feet, "With that cleared up, I suppose I'll be off to bed before McGonagall makes her rounds."

"Goodnight, Ron." Hermione nodded.

"'Night, Ron!" Harriet called as he waved before he walked up the staircase.

After Ron had left the room, Harriet frowned at Hermione while they sat alone on the sofa.

"You really do believe me, right, Hermione?" Harriet asked.