Chapter 96 - Daddy

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Tom did not move from Harriet's side as he loomed in front of Scorpius.

Instead of relocating their meeting to his office, he had the boy brought to that same, sad chamber.

"Look what's happened, Mr. Malfoy." Tom grimaced as he glanced from Harriet to the baby in his arms, "My wife lies clinging to life and my daughter has lost all claim on hers."

Scorpius faced Mae's father with his chest heaving as adrenaline surged through him while he spoke, "Sir, I-"

"-This was murder." Tom scowled, "An assassination attempt against my wife and the successful killing of one of my children. I'm certain I don't have to explain the consequences of such a grievous transgression, Mr. Malfoy...Although, for your sake, and your family's, I do hope your innocence can be proven......and the guilty party identified."

"There is no guilty party! There's been a terrible misunderstanding, Minister!" Scorpius exclaimed, "It.....It's a mistake, an awful mistake that's what it is!"

Tom narrowed his dark eyes.

"The guard mentioned you have information that you're willing to divulge." He spoke. A slight smile danced across his lips before his handsome face clouded as he growled, "......Information the Minister for Magic is very much waiting to hear, Mr. Malfoy."

"Before the bread was served, sir, you should remember I went to check on Mae." Scorpius hurriedly began.

Tom's heart skipped a beat.

".......And?!" He snapped, already angry at what he feared he would learn.

"And.....she had gone to the kitchen, to put her medicine into her food." Scorpius shrugged.

"-What medicine?!" Tom snarled.

"She....." Scorpius swallowed as he remembered his sworn vow of silence.

"Out with it, boy, or you'll watch while I strip your family's flesh from their bones!" Tom spat.

"She's.....taking a heat suppressant, sir." Scorpius sheepishly admitted, "She doesn't want you to know....I was....I'm not supposed to mention it."

Tom blinked.

His scowl remained unchanged as Scorpius went on, "Mae didn't say that she'd managed to put it in anything, but there had been some kind of altercation between her and one of our elves.....I saw a bit of green ooze on the table. I'm sorry, sir, I've never seen a heat suppressant. I'm not entirely certain what one's meant to look like."

"Bring the elf to me." Tom commanded.

"I beg your pardon, sir?" Scorpius frowned.

"If you ever want to see your family or the sunrise of a new day again, bring that elf here immediately! You have one hour.....GO!" Tom roared.

Scorpius's gray eyes widened as he frantically nodded before he turned and scrambled out of the room.

Nagging dread gnawed at Tom's heart as he drew in a deep breath.

He found himself hoping that Scorpius was right, perhaps it had just been a terrible accident after all.

—————————————————————

Less than half an hour later, a knock fell on the door of the room Tom inhabited.

".........Come in." He called quietly.