Chapter 37 - Eyes of Chaos

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

"Breathe, my love, breathe....." Tom coached Harriet while Madam Pomfrey, Hermione, Merope, and Mrs. Weasley followed him into the Chamber of Secrets.

Harriet groaned through another pain as she gnashed her teeth.

The loss of cushion offered by her waters had been brutal.

Deep inside her, she could feel her alpha's child grinding its way down, desperate to enter the world.

Harriet followed Tom's suggestion and focused on her breath as they arrived at their destination.

Mrs. Weasley glanced around the Chamber of Secrets in startled awe.

Merope and Hermione hovered near Harriet as Tom asked his wife, "Your nest, my love? Is that where you'd like to be?"

"AAAAGGHH!" Harriet cried out while another sharp pain seized her abdomen.

Coos of sympathetic reassurance immediately echoed from her female attendants who reached out and placed their hands on her tensing belly.

"Harriet, we're right here!"

"Oh, you poor dear!"

"Try to groan, not scream, love, you'll need your energy for what's coming."

Once the spasm ended and Harriet opened her eyes, she found herself greeted first by Tom's frowning face.

It pained him to watch his beloved suffer.

Desperate to ease her burden, he suggested, "Your nest, love?.......Or the birthing pool? Tell us where you want to be."

During the brief break between pains, Harriet thought about her alpha's words.

Curiously, her emerald gaze turned to the empty pool that stood nearby and waited for use.

Hope bloomed in Tom's heart.

Perhaps the warm water could bring his bride a bit of comfort?

"Would you like to be there, sweetling?" He asked as Harriet sighed, "The warmth may ease some of the pain."

As Harriet nodded, Hermione rushed over, took out her wand, and filled the pool with clean, warm water.

Tom barely had time to strip the robes from his mate and place her in the pool's basin before she leaned over and groaned through another tortuous pain.

Bare from the waist down with only her bra covering her breasts, Merope, Hermione, and Mrs. Weasley raced to support Harriet while they encouraged her through the contraction.

Madam Pomfrey hurriedly used a Summoning Charm to send the proper supplies from the Hospital Wing soaring through the castle and into the Chamber of Secrets.

Tom prepared himself with a single spell before he climbed into the pool and let his wife lay against him.

While Madam Pomfrey moved forward and whispered to Harriet as she began to check her progress, he used Legilimency to sweep his mate's mind and study the intensity of her pain.

"Nearly there, Mrs. Riddle.......Going to be quick." Madam Pomfrey nodded at Harriet.

Tom kissed his panting wife's cheek, relieved her struggle would be short-lived.

Madam Pomfrey and the other women whispered helpful advice to Harriet as Tom helped her turn in the water to get comfortable.

Excitement glimmered in his dark eyes.