Chapter 77 - The Proper Techniques

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

A part of Mark wanted Mae to attack him during her break from school, just once, so that he could go to his mother and tell her all about what had happened with Lily.

He eagerly awaited his sister's next vicious onslaught, but to his disappointment, that terror never came.

Mae retreated into her own brooding for the rest of winter recess.

She barely looked at Mark the morning she walked away from her family and boarded the Hogwarts Express to return to the castle.

Her heart ached as she watched Lily rush to James and take him by the arm as the two of them wandered off to find seats with their friends.

The days and weeks that followed passed by in a meaningless haze for Mae.

Why should she go to class?

Why should she even try?

The world lost all meaning without James.

Knowing she had earned his hatred was nearly more than she could bear.

Early one spring morning, before classes started for the day, Mae chose to spend that last hour of freedom sitting atop the hill next to the Black Lake.

She sighed as she drew her knees to her chest and propped her chin up on a bent arm.

Birds flew overhead, across the beautiful backdrop of the vivid sunrise.

Beneath them, the lake rippled as some large, aquatic inhabitant below swam through the water.

A frown marred Mae's beautiful face while she thought.

Coming to the castle has been the worst thing that could have ever happened for her and James.

How was she supposed to stay close to her brother when he irritatingly surrounded himself with all of his.......friends?

Mae furrowed her brow as she silently let her mind attempt to put together a plan.

She could undress Lily, then Rose, then Hugo, then the other Gryffindor boys her brother had become acquainted with and use them all, in the exact manner she had with her doll acquired from the toy shop that day, the previous summer.

........Then what?

Her heart fluttered as she thought about James's brilliant smile and chivalrous charm.

Unless she were to lock her brother in a cage, somewhere hidden far away from the world, James would always have friends and admirers.

Mae's emerald eyes narrowed.

...........She would face annoying rival after annoying rival.

Her affected arm began to itch in abject aggravation until a voice called out, "..........You missed breakfast."

Mae kept her eyes narrowed as she turned around and watched Scorpius walk up the hill with a small, cloth bundle held in his hands.

".........I don't mind." She said in her smooth voice once he came close enough to sit next to her.

"I brought you something, anyway." He shrugged as he moved the cloth aside to reveal some of Hogwarts' most delicious morning morsels, ".........I know how well you like those little cinnamon biscuits."

Mae glanced down at the biscuits before her miserable frown gave way to the slightest grin.

Like her father, she enjoyed being served.