Chapter 71 - More Discrete

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Tom and Harriet had enjoyed spending their morning languishing in each other's arms as they drifted in and out of sleep, all the while trading gentle touches and sweet kisses.

Shortly before noon, as they finally woke for the day, Tom raised himself up with a slow stretch before he moved over Harriet and smirked, "Awake at last, Mrs. Riddle?"

".........If I have to be." Harriet yawned drowsily.

Tom's dark eyes glimmered as she stretched herself backwards.

A small, teasing gasp of satisfaction fell from her lips at the welcome relief the movement brought.

When Harriet felt her husband's arousal jut against her thigh as she writhed on the pillows, she purposely let her bare breasts bounce, knowing he would notice.

She slowly blinked her emerald eyes and met Tom's dark stare as she raised a hand to cup his face.

He leaned into her palm and pressed a soft kiss there before he lowered himself down.

His lips nearly touched hers right before a sudden knock fell on their door that caused him to recoil and look over with a scowl.

"........WHAT?" Tom snarled in a voice so hateful it caused Harriet to narrow her eyes.

"Tom....." She whispered.

"Forgive my intrusion, master Riddle." Lawrence's aged voice called from the other side of the closed door, ".....It appears you've been summoned to Hogwarts castle immediately."

"You had the audacity to read my mail?!" Tom cried as he scrambled out of bed and hurried over to the door.

"Tom, calm down!" Harriet urged as she sat up and pulled the sheets to cover herself.

Tom hurriedly threw on his velvet night robe before he cracked the door and peered out at his elderly servant.

"My apologies, master Riddle." Lawrence said as he handed Tom a single piece of stiff parchment, "............There was no outer envelope to conceal the message."

Tom scowled as he yanked the parcel out of Lawrence's hands in one nasty swipe.

His dark eyes narrowed to slits as he saw he had  received not a letter of formal summons but a simple message with a single command instead.

The Minister for Magic is to come to Hogwarts straight away by order of Headmaster Albus Dumbledore.

Harriet frowned as Tom slammed the door in Lawrence's face before he stalked across the room.

"Well, that was bloody rude, wasn't it?!" She scoffed, "What are you playing at to treat him that badly? What has Lawrence ever done to you?!"

"I have to go to Hogwarts immediately." Tom muttered while he rushed around the room to prepare.

After he pulled on one of his best suits,  Harriet watched him dash into the bathroom to comb his hair, brush his teeth, and wash his face.

".......I'm coming too!" She cried as she hurriedly dressed, "What is it? What's happened?! Is it Mae again?......Or James?!.....Are they alright?!"

Tom had an awful feeling he had more instinctive indication about what had happened then he cared to admit.

"Sweetling, why don't you stay here and look after Mark, hmm? I'm certain I can sort the matter on my own." He reassured his wife with a nervous smile while Harriet ran a brush through her long, dark hair.