Chapter 41 - Tom's Pain

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Harriet had shared her pain with her alpha hopeful that he could help ease her suffering.

She hadn't expected that in the process, she would gain another child to nurse.

After Tom succeeded in alleviating the ache in her breasts, for the rest of the day and the evening, once Mae finished her meals, he used his velvet voice and smouldering stare to coerce Harriet into giving him her leftover milk.

At first, she had chuckled at her husband and lovingly stroked his dark hair.

However, once her nipples had become sore and Tom continued to look at her hungrily, Harriet had grown irritated, but still allowed him what he wanted.

Mae woke in the night, wailing and pitiful.

Harriet's green eyes snapped open as she rushed to her baby, changed her, cuddled her, and soothed her back into a deep, restful sleep.

With her eyes heavy and her head pounding from her own fatigue, Harriet silently crept back to her nest and laid down.

She had barely closed her eyes when she heard the covers rustle.

Like a snake waiting for its prey to turn its head, Tom passed a subtle wave of Legilimency back and forth through Harriet's mind, hoping to treat himself to another generous serving of his omega's milk the instant Harriet fell asleep.

"I'm very tired, Tom." She said without opening her eyes.

A scowl of annoyance marred his handsome face.

"........All of me is very tired and I'd appreciate it if you'd let me rest for a while." Harriet whispered.

"Of course, my love." Tom sweetly replied though he wore a hateful snarl, "Is there anything I can do to help you?"

"Just let me sleep." Harriet sighed before she drifted off in a drowsy haze.

The ugly sneer that twisted Tom's lips as he sat up in bed would have sent fear coursing through anyone who dared look upon him.

Harriet slept soundly while Tom lept from her nest to pace back and forth.

He had tasted Harriet hours ago, why wouldn't she let him have just another mouthful?

Their bedroom seemed incredibly hot as he traipsed over the fine carpets that covered the floor.

As Tom glanced over at his sleeping daughter, he willed himself to calm down.

He raised a hand and wiped away the perspiration that had started to bead on his forehead.

A grin curled his lips.

Had he truly allowed himself to become enraged over Harriet's refusal?

It startled Tom to know he had reacted so wildly.

He usually prided himself on having enviable control his emotions, though Harriet always had maintained a particularly special hold over him.

Determined to regain his senses, Tom silently laid back down beside his wife.

As the scent of her milk tormented him, he closed his eyes tightly and batted away the vicious fantasies that played through his mind.

He glorified himself about being such a kind, considerate alpha to his darling.

If Tom hadn't truly loved his mate, then there would have been nothing stopping him from pinning Harriet to the bed and selfishly using her for his own purposes.