Chapter 13 - Sweet Dreams

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Vast and imposing.

Grand and fearsome.

Tom Riddle stood in awe.

His mouth hung open while his dark eyes glinted in delight as he beheld the Chamber of Secrets.

Tom slowly began to venture down the entry path of the darkened stone cavern that his ancestor had carved into the bowels of the castle.

The snake head statues that lined both sides of the central walkway made him feel like a king of serpents as he passed by.

Once Tom stood in the center of the chamber and gazed upon the statue of Salazar Slytherin, he laughed wickedly as the voice finally revealed itself.

The Basilisk slithered out of the statue's mouth to greet the heir of Slytherin with remarkable grace for a creature of its tremendous size.

Slytherin's monster was larger than any serpent Tom had ever imagined.

As he looked upon its unsettling length of thick scales, the reptilian spikes that lined the back of its head, and the sheer, terrifying mass of its huge jaws, Tom's heart lifted in delight.

A low hiss echoed through the room as the Basilisk let its tail coil in the shallow water that filled part of the chamber while it waited, "I am at your service, heir of Slytherin."

Tom quickly asked in Parseltongue, "What are you called?"

"I have heard others refer to me as 'Basilisk'. The giant snake nodded, "Do not look into my eyes, heir of Slytherin, or they will be the last thing you see."

Tom cracked a wide smirk as his dark gaze traveled along the staggering girth of his new pet's body.

He had acquired a private retreat and a formidable soldier in the same evening.

While Harriet slept in her bed, Tom spent the rest of the night exploring the Chamber of Secrets.

The heir of Slytherin was quite pleased with his gifts.

—————————————————————

His joy had not lessened by morning.

Tom knew that although Harriet hadn't experienced a heat cycle yet, the moment would eventually come.

He had no interest in the bodies of others, but he used his growing talent as a Legilimens to silently peruse the thoughts of Harriet's peers, in case one of them knew something about his darling that he did not.

After his sleepless night spent exploring the Chamber of Secrets, mating with Harriet was the only thing on his delirious mind as he powered through breakfast and endured the first classes of the day.

During the study period, instead of finding Harriet, Tom pursued her best friend.

Hermione stood in the library and reached for a book on a shelf above her head when a hand appeared out of nowhere and easily slid the volume into her grasp.

Her amber eyes widened as she whirled around to find Tom Riddle glaring down at her.

"Hello, Hermione Granger." He said in a very serious tone as he narrowed his dark eyes.

"Oh! Um, H-Hello, Tom." Hermione nodded as she clutched her book, "Thanks for the help, but you startled me! Has no one ever told you it's impolite to sneak up on people?"