Chapter 66 - Harriet's Son, Tom's Daughter

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

After a good night's rest, every student in Hogwarts rose from their beds and prepared to begin their very first day of the school year.

James had seemingly made new friends overnight.

At breakfast, Mae grit her teeth while she chewed her food as she watched him chat with Lily and three other boys at Gryffindor's table.

"Bloody annoying, aren't they?.....First years?" A voice asked beside her.

Mae's bright, emerald eyes flickered over to see who had spoken.

"I believe we started off on the wrong foot." Scorpius said as he gazed at her with his gray eyes wide in hopeful anticipation, "I've never heard of anyone starting Hogwarts as a fourth year. You'll need a guide, someone to show you around......If you're interested, if you're smart enough to accept my help, I'll gladly do it......Anything for a fellow Slytherin."

Mae wrinkled her nose as if she smelled something foul.

Without a word, she turned back to her food and her relentless observation of her younger brother.

"........Excuse me?" Scorpius scowled, "I was talking to you, in case you've already forgotten."

"I haven't forgotten at all, I simply don't care." Mae murmured without turning to face him.

"How dare you speak to me that way!" Scorpius sneered, "I've been nothing but kind to you! My father will hear about this!"

"Perhaps my father should hear about it too." She retorted as her spoon scraped the inside of her bowl. Scorpius frowned as she turned to look at him with a steely expression of amused malice, "My father, the Minister for Magic? Surely you've heard of him. I can't wait to find out what he does to the boy who dared to bother his only daughter. You and your family would be fortunate to see the light of day again after that."

Scorpius's handsome face twisted into a scowl of dismay at his own humiliating defeat.

Mae had rendered him defenseless in their verbal battle.

For once, Draco's influence had been trumped by another's.

It was the first time in his life that Scorpius had ever encountered such a bitter loss.

In one last attempt to win Mae over to his side, he tried another approach.

"I do beg your forgiveness, if I've caused any offense." He said while she turned back to her observation.

Mae raised an eyebrow as she took another bite.

Desperate to earn her favour, Scorpius blurted out, "I've never met a girl as flawlessly beautiful, you've caught me off guard."

Mae placed her fork down as she scowled over at Scorpius.

"What did you say?" She asked.

"I said that I've never seen a girl as beautiful as you." Scorpius bravely replied as he stared into her emerald eyes, "It saddens me that you've shunned my friendship."

"I have no interest in friendship." Mae said as she leaned in close to inspect the boy in front of her.

Scorpius mistook her careful gaze for romantic interest as she pulled away and smirked, "......Although, I may have use for you yet, Scorpius Malfoy."

—————————————————————

Unsure if she wanted to add a new doll to her collection or not yet, Mae decided Scorpius's social status would be enough to at least align herself with him for the day.