Chapter 89 - Let Go

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Harriet had barely woken from her sleep when she heard the bedroom door gently close.

She blinked her eyes open just in time to make out a tall silhouette against the dim light of the early sunrise.

".........Tom?" She asked as she furrowed her brow.

"It's me, sweetling." He purred in the brightening room, "We've received a letter.....And it bears wonderful news!"

"Does it?" Harriet asked as she yawned.

"It seems our daughter has found her first suitor." Tom smirked.

Harriet furrowed her brow, "Are you certain? She hasn't mentioned anything about-"

"-It's Scorpius Malfoy." He went on, "Heir to one of the finest families of the Sacred Twenty-Eight?......What a wonderful match!"

Harriet began to grow irritated, "Tom, she hasn't said anything that points to-"

"-Well, of course she hasn't!" He scoffed, "Mae is no fool, not many her age approach their parents about things of this matter. I was very fortunate to have my mother's full support with you, of course....but if she has found an alpha in this boy, I say we encourage their love.....This letter holds an invite to Malfoy Manor for dinner."

Harriet blinked as she pushed aside her drowsiness to comprehend exactly what Tom had said.

"..........It's really the Malfoys?" She frowned.

"Wouldn't it be a wonderful gift for our precious princess if we secretly accept the invitation and take her there as a surprise? She can visit her darling and I can discuss their arrangement with Draco and Lucius." Tom grinned.

"Tom, I......" Harriet swallowed as she tried to think, "Shouldn't we ask Mae about this first?"

"Of course not!" He laughed, "I couldn't have dreamed of a better way to spend an evening than with you and your family when we were courting! I'll write them back immediately."

As Tom left the room to rush downstairs, quickly pen and mail a letter of response, Harriet sighed to herself.

Tom and Mae had a close-knit bond, the likes of which she had gradually accepted she would never share with her daughter.

The fatigue of her pregnancy diminished her will to argue with her husband.

Besides, he knew their eldest child best.

—————————————————————

During the next few days, James and Mark purposely kept a close watch on their parents as Mae hovered around Harriet.

"What's she doing, brother?" Mark whispered while James narrowed his eyes to slits at their sister.

"Nothing good, I guarantee that." James hissed under his breath.

As Mae glanced up and peered across the room at them both, James and Mark quickly turned their heads back to the drawn pictures they pretended to focus on.

"What should we do?" Mark asked without looking up, "She's here now."

"The only thing we can do......." James sniffed, "Warn Mum."

—————————————————————

Later that night, once the Riddle family had all retired to their separate rooms, James quietly padded out of his.