Chapter 36 - The Coming Storm

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

To Harriet, the days seemed longer and the hours more tedious to pass as graduation approached.

With the baby due to arrive a mere three days after the ceremony, her alpha and Hogwarts' staff gave her generous allowances.

Tom stayed beside her day and night as her scent gradually sweetened.

It nearly drove him mad as her hormones begged him to remain close and ease her aches.

If Harriet complained of fatigue, the castle's professors allowed Tom to escort her to her nest.

Although gossip flourished and bets were made on exactly when the baby would be born, the couple ignored those pesky whispers from their peers.

While Harriet slept through one rainy afternoon, Tom lovingly gazed down at her.

His hands cradled her bulging belly as an uncharacteristic softness glimmered in his dark eyes.

Tom Riddle loved his little family more than anything else in the world.

—————————————————————

Once the morning of Hogwarts' graduation ceremony finally arrived, Tom woke and breathed a sigh of relief.

They had made it at last!

They only had to endure a few brief hours of formality until he and his omega could focus less on concluding their academic careers and more on their little one.

As he laid there with mirth tickling his heart, he noticed the sheets rustle beside him.

He blinked as he glanced over, though he did not speak until he was certain Harriet had already woken, "..............Sweetling?"

"Good morning Tom." She sighed as she kept her eyes closed.

".....Is something wrong?" He asked quickly.

His eyes widened as he noticed the sharp increase of decadent sweetness in his mate's scent.

"No, nothing's wrong." Harriet irritably huffed, "I'm just a bit tired still, that's all. I'm going back to sleep now......I need you to be quiet."

He frowned as he watched his mate roll over in her nest before her breathing became slow and deep once more.

Tom checked the time and delighted in knowing he could let his pregnant wife sleep a while longer.

Worriedly, he frowned as he let his hands slip under the covers to cradle her swollen abdomen.

Tom couldn't quite explain the slight tremble in his limbs or the racing of his heart, but his instincts knew what he did not.

His mate would have a great need for him later that particular day.

—————————————————————

Tom stoically remained calm as Harriet confirmed his suspicions an hour later.

Instead of her usual, sweet, kind personality, Tom watched her become visibly hateful and easily frustrated.

He ignored his darling's rudeness as he helped her into her altered uniform before he gently brushed her hair.

Harriet sighed as she sat in her nest afterwards and laid a hand over her mounded belly.

In place of her typical smile, she wore a firm frown on her face that morning.

Harriet didn't much care about graduation or what it would mean for her and Tom.