Chapter 35 - Dominion Over Scales

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
————————————————————

Harriet was released from the hospital later that day, after a few hours of careful observation by the healers.

With each passing second, Tom seemed to become more and more paranoid something would come out of nowhere to attack his lover.

.........Or that Harriet may go into labour unexpectedly.

..........Or that she would need him to provide something for her he could not.

As time went on and her husband fretted over every breath she took, Harriet tried to see Tom's attentiveness as an advantage instead of an annoyance.

Not every omega was lucky enough to be so very loved.

While Harriet struggled through the last weeks of her pregnancy, Tom drowned himself in his devotion to her.

They involuntarily let the mystery of the strange occurrence slip from their thoughts.

Mr. and Mrs. Riddle became too consumed with their upcoming graduation and their baby's impending arrival to ponder the question they should have considered.

What had saved Harriet from her four attackers?

————————————————————

Every evening, Tom clutched his darling against him during the hours the couple spent asleep.

Late one night, Harriet cracked her green eyes open.

Her full bladder made her frown as she heaved herself into a sitting position with a sigh.

She prepared to stand to her feet when a smooth voice whispered in the darkness, "Sweetling, what are you doing up?"

"I have to go to the toilet again, Tom." She huffed as their baby woke inside her.

A low groan left her lips as her alpha's son or daughter began to stir.

No one had mentioned to Harriet how painful the baby's movements would be in those last few weeks.

The little fists that beat against her organs and feet that kicked her bones made her long to just go into-

"AAHH!" Harriet cried out as one sharp blow landed in the worst spot.

Tom sat bolt upright in bed after he watched fluid pour onto the mattress.

"SWEETLING!" He cried as his dark eyes widened.

Harriet blinked as he scrambled out of his spot and knelt in front of her on the floor.

His voice tightened with seriousness as he placed a hand on her belly and gazed into her eyes, "Breathe, my love, breathe.......like the midwife taught us, remember? Let's get through this pain and I'll summon her immediatley."

"I'm not in labour, Tom!" Harriet snapped irritably as a blush dusted her cheeks, "I......The baby....hand me my wand, will you, please?"

Tom narrowed his eyes as he hesitantly obliged his mate's request.

He watched her embarrassment end once she cleaned her spilled urine with a murmured spell.

"That wasn't your waters?" He demanded.

"No, that was not my waters." Harriet quietly confirmed.

"My poor darling......" Tom whispered as he raised her nightdress and kissed her mounded belly.