07. The Raid

Ashlin

So apparently, the girl was Ryan's girlfriend and she was infact pregnant. Which meant I was a soon to be aunt, as Ryan was preparing to be a Dad. I mean I knew Ryan slept around but I'd never guessed he wouldn't use protection. Too tired to complain and get the full story, I had greeted the girl. Her name was Gabriella and she was very smiley, too smiley in my opinion. Yet I had left her and my brother alone downstairs and called it a night. I needed to be well rested for school the next day, As I had Mr Baron in the evening.

The next morning started off awful,  I woke up to a huge argument taking place. Jumping out of bed, I raced downstairs to see what was the matter. It was Ryan and Gabriella, apparently a guy had texted Gabriella something really flirty, which caused Ryan to get mad.

"Baby I told you, te amo not anyone else!" Gabriella screamed at Ryan, frustration evident in her voice.

Gabriella had said I love you in Spanish, which led me to believe she had a habit of breaking into her native tongue when frustrated.

"If you f-king loved me you would block him, It happens every morning!" Ryan roared at her.

They were both acting really immature, as shouting would solve nothing.

" Mi amor, Julio es mi primo! mi primo!" She shot at him, yet my brother seemed unfazed.

"Yeah right, primo my ass...you better tell him to back of gabby." Ryan spoke, his voice dripping with a sinister promise.

He turned at that moment and caught me looking at them and his face fell instantly.

"Ash-" he began but I was already making my way back up to my room to get ready for school.

I really hoped my brother had stopped being a spoilt Jackass. Clearly he hadn't changed, shouting at his pregnant girlfriend like that. Not even considering the fact that she can't just cut off her family because he didn't want to believe her. As far as I was aware, spanish families are very passionate and loving. So her male cousin texting her good morning princess was really nothing to get so worked up over.

As I'm about to head to the bathroom, my phone begins to buzz from my bedside table. Wondering who could be calling me, I grabbed it and checked the caller Id. It was an unknown number, so I just let it go to voicemail. I wasn't going to answer and turned on my heels to go to the bathroom. Yet I was stopped by a message notification.

When I checked the phone my heart started racing.

Unknown: It's me, Zion

At the revelation, I quickly redialed the number and sighed when he answered.

He sounded just fine which was enough to calm my heart.

"Good morning Ashlin, I just wanted to test if it was the real number." He spoke, a bit of relief in his voice.

He was relieved to know I hadn't tricked him and I was a bit offended but I swallowed my pride. He had been through enough, he didn't need me to add to his problems. So I held back the hurt of him thinking I was joking.

"Well, as you can see the number is real. Is everything good?" I replied, then asked.

"Yeah, I mean if it wasn't how could it not be now?" He answered and my heart skipped a beat.

Did Zion just flirt with me?...

"Anyways, I was just checking in...talk to you later" He spoke, taking me back to the present.

"Oh yeah, Thank you ...talk to you later" with that I hung up.

My hand automatically went to my chest to check my heart beat. Shit! Zion just flirted with me...